Science Topics Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Nov 11, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

This is kind of off the top of my head so take it for what it is worth.

We have had a lot of posts on alternative vs. conventional medicine and a few have been very appropriate and very interesting when they take the form of a debate.

These posts seem to take up a lot of room.

What if we had something like a "Science Topics Board"? "Treatment Discussion Board" Would this type of board be somewhat redundant or not efficient?

I really have no opinion at this point.

What do others think?

Any other ideas?

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

To be honest, I don't even think of going to other boards. If someone is getting help with a conventional medicine treatment, I want to be able to read about it here. If someone is getting help wtih a so-called alternative medicine treatmnet, I want to be able to read it here. If someone is getting help of any kind whatsoever, I want to be able to read it here.

So if someone has information to share or a problem they need help with (related to ME/CFS), I think it all belongs here.

Actually, the board traffic is very very slow compared to a few years ago. This board used to move so fast, something you posted in the morning would be on the next page in a few hours. There would be dozens of new posts. Now I see it taking a day or more for posts to move.

Maybe because board traffic is so slow, some posts seem to take up a lot of room, but there's all the room people need to make posts.

So I do think a science topics or treatment discussion board would be redundant - I think that's what we have here already, a treatment discussion board. We're all here to learn from each other. No one person has all the answers so I think we need to hear from everyone.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

Firstly becaue of the nature of CF/FM/ME... and the fact there's no magic bullet.... so it's good that there's exchange of all info here.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that some of the boards (thyroid is one I believe) that literally overlaps with this board - I posted on there recently and found it automatically on this board as well, then realized that was true with at least some of the other posts there...

so I'm not sure how they've set it up exactly - anybody know? But if a lot of those boards listed work that way, it could end up in double-posting here or at least lots of confusion.

all the best,

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I personally prefer everything to be posted on the one board. It gets too confusing remembering where you read or posted something if you have to keep flipping between several boards. For people who don't want to discuss alternative vs conventional, there are always lots of other threads for them to read and contribute to.

As Prohealth sells "alternative" products, it seems very appropriate to discuss alternative treatments on this board. And considering that both CFS/ME and FM are illnesses, it just wouldn't make any sense for us to have to go to another board to discuss treatments.

Many of us here have enough problems with brain fog as it is, and if we have to stop and think about what we can discuss on what board, people are going to just not bother posting at all. That's my thought, anyhow.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I don't think people use forums and boards as much as they did a few years ago. It isn't just this board that has slowed down. If you talk to people on forums such as Delphi, and Yahoo, they all say that traffic is way down. Some very busy groups that I belonged to a few years ago are just about extinct today. And these aren't CFS boards. A lot of people have gravitated over to areas such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.
  6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

As a lot of people have both CFS and FM, it probably works best if both are together.