Scottish Research--anyone heard of it ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nigelmchale, Apr 30, 2003.

1. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

I've heard about research going on in Scotland that sounds promising, apparently it has a web site but I cannot find it. Has anyone heard / know of the research or better still where the Website is ??.
    Would be very greatful if you could help out.
    Many thanks
  2. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Would this be related to the high incidence of ME/CFIDS in Celtic descendants? Just wondered because my naturopath was very interested in the fact that I am of Celtic descendant. He said that there is research being done on it and made some notes while speaking with me. Does anyone know about this? I would also be grateful to hear more about it.
    My best to you,
    CLD
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

There's always been good research going on at Glasgow Infirmary. They've come up with findings in CFS/ME, Gulf War Syndrome etc.

Recently Dr Chaudhri published his findings on acetylcholine, is this what you were thinking of?

Don't know website address but maybe you could access it through the ME patient organisations' websites, medical journal websites, or through a search engine.

Haven't got round to looking this one up yet, wading through other stuff at the moment.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2003]
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I found lots on it. Go to Yahoo's Homepage and type in "Scotland Research Fibromyalgia CFS" in the Search Box at the top of the page, and click the Search button. You will find alot on the page that comes up.

LL
  5. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

thanks for pointers...