Screaming with Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jan 9, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I am sorry to bother everyone with this, but I have nobody else to tell. I woke up with pain, head to toe, including my skin. I could hardly get out of bed.
    I will call the doctor when he gets in at 10am, but this is about the worst bout I have had in a long time.
    I do not know what to do if he does not have me in for a visit or call in a Rx.
    I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for letting me out here.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I wake up in that condition neerly every day and find that a nice long hot shower seems to help me out a little and then its time for the pain meds. Sorry your feeling bad this morning and hope this helps.

Jake
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you for your suggestions and caring words. I am hanging out here until the doctor's office opens.
    I have one hour to wait. In a way I want to 'tough it out', but I just can not believe the magnitude of the pain today.
    Ordinarily I am not a cry baby, but this really has put me in a bad zone.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Nyrofan, please try something for me. For $20.00 or so you can buy some detox foot patches. You put them on both your feet in the evening timed so that you take them off when you wake up, but not wearing them more than 12 hrs, or the toxins can get reabsorbed. They helped me alot with fatigue and I feel they can help with your pain. Order them online at www.essencepalace.com. My feeling is that your body is very toxic (at the cellular level) and it can't get better until you start unloading the crap that's stuck in your body. I'm afraid pain killers will make it worse. They only treat the syptoms!!

Try the magnesium bathes too. Another bath that will help detox is a bath with an entire small box of baking soda.

Good luck to you!!

skierchik
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I just got to talk to the doctor and he is going to let me use a Class 2 Narcotic (whatever that would be: I did not even think to ask him the name of the medicine. Anyway:
    I have to hang on one more day because the pharmacy would need a written script. So the doctor will mail me the Rx.

In the meantime he told me to double what I am taking today until I get the medicine.

Thank you for letting me hang out here for a while. It is a comfort to know you are there.

SkichiK: I am on so many meds for hypertension, thryroid, pain, epilepsy, etc.---detoxing my body is impossible at this time. (I will make note of the product you mentioned, though).
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad he is giving you something to help. Do you have a heated mattress pad? They really help me when I have extremely painful days like your having. I just crawl into the warm bed and the heat helps a lot. The Fibro Calm sold on this side also really helps me. I don`t have as many painful flare-ups. Take a hot bath, heat really helps.

Big soft Hugs to you,
    Sandy

7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Yes: thank you for your soft hugs and kind thoughts.
    I was so afraid the doctor would say no, but he knows I can be trusted not to abuse the med. And I believe it will be just enough to get me over this screaming, murderous pain.
    I am still in bad shape.
    Maybe the new med will be permanent, I have no idea.

And I do have a very large heating pad: it covers the entire back, but it really is not a mattress. I will look at the product, though.

Thank you for pulling me through this day. I am just sitting here watching the Alito hearings on FOX/CNN while going over the posts.

Thank you so much.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MsMoody:
    Thank you so much for your support. I suppose that when I get off of this site I'll get on the heating pad.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
    P.S. I have been hanging in here to keep my sanity.