Scripture for today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Matthew 16: 27

I love this scripture. "According to his works." I'm hoping my works here on earth are good enough for the reward of living with God some day. I know we are not expected to be a perfect person while here...there's only been one...but I know I can try and be a better person each and every day. I believe that's what he asks of us, to try. I think if we are loving our neighbor, with the pure love of Christ, then maybe these good works can come easier.
    Gentle Hugs, and, God be with you all this day,
    Cynthia

2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I like that thought...that after you have accepted the Savior that good works would naturally follow. I have to say, I have noticed some people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk...make sense?
    Jesus healed the sick, he preached the will of the Father, and he was very loving, quite the example.
    Well, I can't heal the sick, but I can pray. :) I'm not a preacher, but I can share his word. As we do here.. :) And I can try my best at keeping that commandment, "Love Thy Neighbor."
    No worries, I don't think you misunderstood at all. In fact, I think you just put it in a different way? Now I'm hoping I understood you! :) I think it's great that you have good memories of how you were taught. I remember my mother reading to us from the Bible, but she scared us half to death. I don't remember her teaching much of the loving part of Jesus. Just that, we better be good, or else! Now I'm on a whole different subject, but I know now, as I can read for myself, there is a combination in the scriptures. I believe that we need to be fearful if we aren't accepting his word, I also believe that Christ was/is, very loving, caring, giving, and that he was so much so, that he gave his life for us. There's another whole subject. Think I'll share another scripture.
    I love them. :))

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

He's there for us, always.
    Thank you Julie for talking with me. Love, Cynthia

3. appleville

appleville New Member

Yes, he is always with us and many times he has carried me. Both of these scriptures are lovely. I also think that we need to spend time with his word on a daily basis and talking with him, without fail. As it says, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.

Love and prayers,
    Kathy
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Thank you Kathy for sharing....Yes! Pray without Ceasing! I love talking with the Lord all day long. In my bedroom, in my SUV, in my kitchen, in my living room..... :) I feel like Jesus should be given thanks often. I can't help but give him thanks for the beauty around, and for the miracles of today as they unfold, especially in the spring, when things start to come to life after a very cold winter. The trees, the baby birds, the baby foals, the flowers.... Oh man, I'm making myself look forward a little too soon to that favorite flower of mine, the tulip. In the meantime, snow on the trees are beautiful. My family is beautiful. Most of all, Christ is beautiful. I'll always praise him! Cynthia