Scriptures of the Week

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Harmony, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Harmony

Harmony New Member

PHILIPPIANS 4:19
    "BUT MY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS."

JOSHUA 1:9
    "BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS, AND DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED, FOR THE LORD OUR GOD WILL BE WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO."
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Harmony, I always look forward to your Scripture of the week.

Thank you so much, and God Bless!

Shalom, Shirl

PS, how are your eyes today?

3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Thanks Shirl,

My eyes are alot better. Yeah, I can see!
    I hope all is well with you.

God bless,
    Harmony
  4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I will pray for you and your ultasound. In friendship-cathy
  5. pms

pms New Member

I heard from my friend that Joshua was quoting a psalmist but psalms supposingly came later its interesting how like psalm 91 tho. I love it that HE is our strong tower and our strength. My kids and I are studying Joshua;
    Bless you and thanks
    may you be free of pain today;
    Pamela
  6. micke

micke New Member

Hi Harmony,

This morning I read Psalm 27 as a prayer of praise. Afterward, I went to the worship board and reread the scripture of the week. I decided to look it up in all my bibles. God commands Joshua to to be strong and courageous 4 times in Chapter 1 (v.6, v. 7, v. 9, & v. 18). In v.7 God says " be thou strong and very courageous". In the Good News Bible, the interpertation is "be determined and confident". On that page in the Good News Bible, I had written Psalm 27:14. I thought, "I just read that!" So, I went back to that verse in Psalms which says, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Isn't it great that God knows what we need to hear!!!

Thank you Lord for all your wisdom, love and blessings. Help us all to be strong, courageous, determined and confident. Strengthen out hearts oh Lord. Help us to wait upon you and to trust in you always.

In Jesus name,
    Amen

Have a beautiful day!
    Micke
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Thanks to all of you. I needed that extra encouragement from you and from God's Word today.

God bless you all!
    Hugs,
    Harmony