Sea Air

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slowdreamer, Apr 13, 2006.

1. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Just wanted to report on the improved deep sleep I experienced on a recent short holiday right beside the sea.
    I was close to the surf beach of Southern Australia where the air coming from the sea is so good, exhilarating in fact. Not only sleep but I am always able to walk so much farther beside the sea.
    I had my briny holiday away from a peak holiday period so I didn't get asphxiated with car fumes.
    Am wondering if anyone else is getting good results from what I consider to be a great abundant healer.
    As an extra I spotted 2 of the endangered 400 hooded plovers running along the sand.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Haven't had the chance to try it, but it sond's wonderful even if it didn't help!:)

The sound and smell of the ocean has alway's calmed me and helped me to sleep better, but that was when I lived in Calif. I did not have FM then, or at least not as bad as I do now.

Anyway glad you feel better.:) Maybe you can move near the water!?:)

Best wishes,
    claudia
  3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Eileen and Claudia.
    I have a good quality negative ioniser but it is o'kay only, not nearly as powerful.
    I also think that the sea has something else which helps alot apart from the calming effect..???
    Really a bit of a mystery??I wonder when science will get around to explaining what goes on in "the sea cure" of folk mythology.
    I would just love everyone who can to give it a go..The trick here in Oz is to find a place by the coast not overrun with humans and their smelly cars.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your holiday was so healing. I love the air at the beach. I only live 9 minutes from our beach here and I don't go nearly enough. The negative ions from the beach are very healing and that's why I use negative ionizers/air cleaners in my condo.

Love, Mikie
  5. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

So glad you read my post .Sorry about your relapse with the pest virus..I have to tell you that I have had a remission from a viral relapse at the sea.I think I got into the rockpools that time so as well as everything else I had the hot ,cold thing going which would fit into the lymph drainage theory.
    Anyway Mikie, please have a walk on the beach for me...Between the high and low tide marks if you can. Good luck with your ample toolbox!!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Stepping up the TF's evidently was what I needed as I'm back in remission again. I think either my allergies acted up, allowing the cold sore to appear; or, I caught a virus. In any case, it's gone now. I am definitely getting better all the time and recovering from relapses, viruses, allergens, etc. much faster than I used to.

I think you are right about draining the lymph nodes. It's really important. I'm so glad it helped you.

Love, Mikie
  7. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I used to vacation by the ocean every summer, and, even though there were a lot of people around outside, even until 2 a.m., I still slept better than anywhere else. I think it is the sound of the ocean. I have contemplated getting one of those noise machines, that haave the sound of the waves on it, but have never gotten around to it.

Here's hoping your good sleeps comtinue,
    Terry