Sea Salt Question, please...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbiem31, Jun 5, 2003.

1. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

To all who are replacing regular salt with sea salt...

I just bought a small shaker of the Redmond Realsalt, which is supposed to be the best brand. It tastes quite good. Not as harsh as table salt.

My question is, can I use the sea salt in place of regular salt in my baking? Will it taste ok? And if any of you do this, do you use the same amount of sea salt as you would the other (as in tsp for tsp)???

Thanks so much for your input!
  2. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I use it for baking. And I use the same amount as regular salt. Glad you are trying it!

Have a great day! ...Sherry
  3. 600

600 New Member

Sea salt tastes stronger and is better,but doesn't have added iodine,for some this may be a problem.
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

just tip some salt onto your tongue and wash it down with water. This is useful way of getting enough sea salt for those who dislike salt with their food, the taste is only there for seconds.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2003]
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I just saw potatoe chips with sea salt at the store and I'm going to have to get some. Lays makes them.
    Carlacat
  6. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

There are some brands that have Iodine in them. You just have to watch the labels. The Redmond I bought does have it. They container will say "Does not contain Iodine, a necessary mineral" if it doesn't.

I almost picked up the Hain salt, but it wasn't all natural like the Redmond, and I think it was heat treated, too.