SEA SALT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Member

Member New Member

Hi everyone - sorry to be a pest on this sea salt subject, but I'm not sure I purchased the right brand. It is
    Hain sea salt and states that it does not contain iodine??
    Is this the right sea salt, or is there some other kind I should be looking for?? Thanks yall!! Member Pat
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have used Hain, it is a good product. Just make sure it does not have an agent in it that is to stop the salt from packing.

What I am using now is; 'Redmond' Real Salt it is light beige and coarse.
    I also use;
    'Alessi' coarse Sea Salt, it has a grinder on the top. This one can be bought at grocery stores.

HOpe this helps, and you are not a pest. We all ask questions, how else can we know????

Shalom, Shirl

3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

When I was at the health food store, I compared all the different brands of sea salt. The Hain brand is NOT what you want. They add chemicals to it (the anticaking). It is also probably heat treated.

Your best bet is the Redmond Realsalt. It is all natural and is naturally dried, too. It does contain a small amount of iodine, which is a good thing.
  4. Member

Member New Member

Thanks very much for the info. I do appreciate it. Will get the Redmond brand. Take Good Care.... Member Pat