Seabisquit on World News Tonight!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Karrot, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Hey all,

Just saw an advertisement on tv. World News Tonight is doing a spot on the authoress of "Seabisquit." It's on tonight - not sure what time yet. But they did mention that her "chronic debhilating illness" would be discussed. I'm interested to see how this is covered.

Karrot
  2. Karrot

Karrot New Member

It's on ABC
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

At least I wrote a post-it to myself after seeing a message on this board.
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Also on the front of the abc website theres a good story of the book and her suffering from cfids.
  5. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

It was a short piece--but they did mention how Hillenbrand battled fatigue, nausea, swollen lymph glands while writing the book. She described it as a way of redefining herself as an author, not just as someone who was basically housebound. They did a nice job of getting across how debilitated she was (in her own words) and how she would lay down and write with her eyes closed (short notes, I'm sure) when she got too dizzy. Very inspiring! I'm going to try to catch the longer 20/20 piece tonight.

Maybe Hillenbrand can do for CFIDS/FMS what Michael J. Fox has done for Parkinson's!
  6. lea

lea Member

It will also be on on 20/20 tonight.
    lea
  7. Karrot

Karrot New Member

I thought they dealt with it nicely. I will try and catch the longer piece on 20/20 too. That would be great if she could be our Micheal J. Fox.

Karrot
  8. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

the one with Bob Hope on the cover. There's an article on her & it discusses her CFS. There's also a little window of info regarding CFS.

I missed the shows! Wish I got to see them. If anyone ever finds out if they're being reshowed let us know!! Thanks. dolsgirl
  9. Jen F

Jen F New Member

If i remember, when I go to the chiro tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

J