SEARCH FUNCTION doesn't work! ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dannybex, Mar 24, 2009.

1. dannybex

dannybex Member

Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems like no matter what word I type in the search box, the results come up as "No results found."

I just typed in "Grapeseed", which was a topic listed about 5 posts from the top of the page.

"No results found."

Thanks in advance,

2. dannybex

dannybex Member

I meant "no matches found".

I just did another search, this time for 'probiotics".

"No matches found."

Can someone else please try doing a search and report what happens?

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

if you type in grapseed extract then use usersname it will come up. thats assuming you want old post info about it.

that search only works for posts by username content and date
  4. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

I've complained about the search box several times, but no one ever responds to my complaint. Perhaps if more people do so, they will look into the problem? - Mark
  5. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

that not only does the search function not work properly but I used to like reading older posts I made in order from several months back.

Can't seem to find a way to do that anymore:( Lots of useful info lost.

It used to be so simple - I still don't understand why the need for a new board? It's so UN-user friendly compared to the old one.

Love Bunchy x

PS How's the Klonopin weaning going? I've cut mine down a tiny bit but I find myself getting very antsy - that and/or increased pain and stiffness.
  6. dannybex

dannybex Member

That is very odd, but it does work when you follow the steps she mentions in her post.

Thanks again,

p.s. They should still fix the regular search button function.

And while I'm at it (haha), every time I log in, I click on the link that says "keep me logged in" (or something to that effect), yet it doesn't.

Then when I go to my profile and click on my posts -- it says I've posted on the fibromyalgia message board. I've NEVER done that. In fact this thread about the search function shows up as being posted on the fibro board, even though it's posted on the CFS/ME board.

deeeeeep breath. and relax. :)
  7. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I go to the research, news and articles at the top of this page and put in that search engine I am able to find all even old post. Hope this helps
  8. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I'll try that!

Love Bunchy x
  9. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

It worked - yay :)

Thanks so much for explaining that - it's going to help me (and others hopefully) a lot with getting more used to the new board.

I've been trying to figure it out for months and it was so simple - duh - silly me :)

Love Bunchy x

PS Your explanation should be added to the "how to use the new board" thread as so many people have had problems with this!
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Modern science and technology are wonderful. Except, of course, when something doesn't work,
    and your plane flies into a mountain.

I talked to a technician here. He told me they had to update to keep up with the new software.

The CFS board and the Fibro board are like Siamese Twins. Joined at the hip. Same board for
    both topics.

I just started taking grape seed extract couple weeks ago. Waiting for results. Meanwhile I've had
    good luck with Vitamin D3 which is sold here. Good Antidepressant.

Good luck