Searching for answers, anyone found anything that REALLY helps?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twjen, Dec 15, 2002.

1. twjen

twjen New Member

Im very interested to know if anyone has found anything that really helps improve this DD? I will start trazodone for deeper sleep tonight, as my Dr. believes in the theory about lack of deep sleep causing it. Maybe she's right, as I do have many nights when I dont sleep well. But I am wondering if this really helps anyone? Have any of you taken things for better/deeper/more sleep and felt much better? Or anything else you do or meds you take that have made any or a great improvement? We need to pull together and share idea's on what really helps with what symptoms
    the best. I want to feel better, even a little bit would be so nice. Thanks so much!! Jen
  2. JP

JP New Member

Hi Jen,

I have had this bout of insonmia for a month now. I was getting my sleep in better control, prior to this episode, by using 25mgs of nightly Elavil for nerve pain and sleep. I can say that I feel better emotionally with better sleep. This is a big deal because our emotional well-being contributes to the whole of us. My pain does not diminish with increased sleep and this may be due to the complex condition of my spine, not related to FM.

Hang in there Jen, Jan
  3. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

Neurontin is a life saver for me and the guaifensin.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

No cure-all, but I have found daily magnesium helps the tingling (one of my most constant symptoms) and I swear I feel better since I started drinking a LOT of good water (not tap water)---I go for about 80 oz. a day, and I literally count it to make sure I'm getting enough. Like you, I haven't found the right answer yet to the sleep issue, which is worse for me at times & better at others. Hope you find the trazadone helps you, I think your doc is right about restful sleep being a critical issue. Good luck!

Pam
  5. Kimba

Kimba New Member

My pain has been under contol with Neurontin and Topamax. I am still haveing a real hard time sleeping. I will say that the better sleep I get the better I feel. I am taking Soma at the moment but it is not working as good as it should. I have been on Trazadone and it did not really work for me either. I have insomina to the point that I get about three hours of deep sleep, I cat nap the rest of the night. I am getting more sleep then I used to and I am feeling better than I used to. I can now get through a whole day at work, which I could not do three weeks ago. hang in there, more sleep does help.
  6. amorgan

amorgan New Member

Hi Jen,

One of the ONLY things that I found helped me was exercise. I hate to admit it, but it is true. I have not been going to the gym for over 2 mos. now and I can really feel it. I have tried everything including Elavil and Trazodone and nothing helped. One other thing to try may be Ambien. I do not take this every night, but only if I am really run down and need a better nights sleep than usual. Hope this helps.
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Jen---I do feel much better, less pain and malaise, if I get enough quality sleep. I had tried quite a few things, but until starting klonopin, none of them worked. Now I sleep much better. Doesn't work for all, but I know others here have had success with it, too. I also take vitamins and supplements and this had made a difference I believe too. I manage my pain, instead of letting it get out of hand like I use to.
    Best wishes,
    karen
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I take 100 mg. of Trazadone every night. It does help!!!! I sleep through the night and get restful sleep. As also mentioned, I take Magnesium and I also take a muscle relaxer, Norflex. I can't say I feel great every day, but these things do help me sleep. I work part-time, and have to be up around 7:00 in the morning. I am able to get to work by 9:00 with no problem. I hope you find the right combination for you!!!!

Annette2
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

100 mg Trazadone every night gives me a good night's sleep for 7 to 8 hrs. Have taken it for years and if it helps you, you will see a big difference in your life.
    Hope you will get the relief you need so much. Lucky