SEARCHING FOR CFS/FM persons in MINNESOTA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vamp, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Vamp

Vamp New Member

HELLO TO ALL

I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING AS MANY AS I CAN WITH CFS AND OR FIBRO IN MINNESOTA HERE. I AM A VOLUNTEER FOR THE MINNESOTA CFS ASSOCIATION AND WE WOULD LIKE TO GET BETTER THINGS GOING FOR OUR STATE AND PERSONS SUFFERING WITH THESE ILLNESSES. I WOULD SURE APPRECIATE THOSE OF YOU FROM MINNESOTA REPLYING TO THIS POST AND I CAN SEE HOW MANY OF US THERE ARE IN THIS STATE AND HOPEFULLY WILL HELP ME WITH MY VOLUNTEER WORK HERE IN MINNESOTA, TRYING TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR CFS AND FMS PERSONS......
    Vamp
  2. Vamp

Vamp New Member

HELLO TO ALL

I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING AS MANY AS I CAN WITH CFS AND OR FIBRO IN MINNESOTA HERE. I AM A VOLUNTEER FOR THE MINNESOTA CFS ASSOCIATION AND WE WOULD LIKE TO GET BETTER THINGS GOING FOR OUR STATE AND PERSONS SUFFERING WITH THESE ILLNESSES. I WOULD SURE APPRECIATE THOSE OF YOU FROM MINNESOTA REPLYING TO THIS POST AND I CAN SEE HOW MANY OF US THERE ARE IN THIS STATE AND HOPEFULLY WILL HELP ME WITH MY VOLUNTEER WORK HERE IN MINNESOTA, TRYING TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR CFS AND FMS PERSONS......
    Vamp
  3. ethel

ethel New Member

Hi! I live in Mankato, MN and found out last month that I have fibromyalgia after 6 months of test. Waiting for a hearing. Does anybody know how you get your doctors support. Mine says I can work with restrictions. Does anybody know of a doctor in Mankato that belives in fibromyalgia? Ethel
  4. Claypot

Claypot New Member

Hello... I live in Eagan, MN and have suffered with fibro symptoms for years but have been diagnosed with it for about 10 years. Also 2 of my sisters have this same illness as did my mom whos now passed away... but anyways both my sisters also live in Minnesota.And yes THANKS SO MUCH!! God Bless! Love; Clay
  5. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I'm hoping that Deb will see this. I'm originally from MN but now in California. There's a possibility of me moving back to be closer to family so I'm hoping the work you do will help get things moving. I have a family member there who has FMS and will try to get her to sign up and reply.
    If you know of any similar program in California let me know. Best of luck and bless you for putting forth the effort to lighten the load carried by so many!
  6. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

Okay, a bit slow, but I am here!!!! I live in St. Michael, MN. My email is in my profile, please email me.

Having a really hard time...cant get on board as much as I would like.
  7. froggy

froggy New Member

I live in east centeral MN. my email is in profile. I don't know what help I can be but will try.

Peace & Love Jan
  8. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

If anyone in MN knows of a good doctor that TREATS fibro and sleep problems, please email me. thank you.

dmlachina@yahoo.com
  9. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

10. kbooks

kbooks New Member

I am from SE Minnesota and I am looking forward to some info and support in this state. I have had Fibromyalgia for years too and was diagnosed with it seven years ago. I also have hypothyroidism, arthritis, mygrains, IBS, and an unnamed autoimune system problem. Thanks
  11. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hey you -

From the Lindstrom, Chisago Lakes area here and am a volunteer for CFS-MN. Association. Would like to round up Minnesotians for support as on telephone and via e-mail, etc. If I find enough, I would like to get a board going for Minnesota so I hope all the MINNESOTA people with CFS and Fibro keep in touch with me.
    Vamp
  12. goldie1

goldie1 New Member

Hi,
    I'm from Mankato,MN. Through months of research I found my fibro to be the end result caused by fungus. This is very common when you have taken anti-biotics as most of our society has done at one time or other. I'm also hypothyroid which often goes hand in hand with fibro in woman. Because the majority of patients with fibro or hypothyroid are female we're first told "it's stress". I was lucky to have been flipping through the TV channels when I came upon The Family Network's "Your Health" with Doug Kaufmann. The more I heard, the more I was positive I had found some answers. Over this past year, I have been able to reduce most of my symptoms to function close to normal. I have only recently started to take thyroid medication so it will be a few more weeks to reduce even more of my symptoms. Hope this can help you as much as it has helped me.
  13. Robbie1

Robbie1 New Member

Cedar Minnesota not too far from Blaine. I was diagnosed about a year ago with FMS, and CFS and Myofascial pain syndrome. My doctor is pretty good, I feel lucky to have her. She recommends warm water therapy which is available at most YMCA's. There is a Fibro clinic in Minneapolis, I think its by Abbott hospital. I don't want to drive that far, but they have been on the news and I think they are pretty good. I don't know the name of it though. I will try and find out and post it.
  14. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I'm in Mound, MN. Could you please, please use lower case in your posts so I can read them??

Marilyn :)
  15. naynay111

naynay111 New Member

I am new to the boards. Wow are they great. Its nice to know im not going crazy only feel like it I can relate to so many of you.
  16. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

Well, it was a nice day in cold MN for a change...LOLOL

Robbie, the heavy leg syndome you talked about in your first post, well, I consider myself wrapped (unwillingly) in a lead body suit...yes it is horrible.

I had an appt with your Rhuemie, but I didnt go because I was physcially unable to. I forgot about about her until I read your post...Can you email me so we can "discuss" her feelings on FM? thanks. dmlachina@yahoo.com
  17. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi all i live in minneapolis and have been diagnosed for about 6 months and im 22 its nice to see that people here have this(i know that sounds lame) but its lonely sometimes not knowing anyone with this.
  18. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

Just wanted to say "HI" to all of you and let you know that you are not alone in your struggle with this disease. My email is posted, feel free to email me if you would like.

DebinMN
  19. froggy

froggy New Member

I'll let ya know about Abbott-my Dr. has made the refural for me to go there now , am just waiting on insurance and to see when Sister Kenney's can get me it.It's a long way from were I live but I hope worth it- I have been going to Fairview Pain Managament center right now for the past few months and so far they have been very good-the Dr.'s there aknow alot about FM/CFS I have Raynaud's too and they know about that too, and they are good with the pain med's too once they know were your's coming from. I am going to Abbott because of the insurance- they will only pay for inpatient stay for pain clinic and they are the only one that have one-Fairview has a very good one but I would have to pay to stay down there and I can't do that cost $$$ that we don't have- I'm going for my ALJ-SSDI hearing on Dec. 11, it's been two years but I having giving up yet- I have a good set of attorney's and they think I have very good chance of winning, it just takes so long, but worth it- it's your money and if you could work you would be, or at least I know I sure would be, I don't like having to stay home all the time- these DD's have stopped me from driving- I have most of my pain in my upper arms, neck, shoulders, so haven't been able to drive sense Dec. 2000, and that's the pit's for some one who used to but 35-40,000 mile on in a year driving. Oh well some day I will have a pain free day! Will let ya know about Abbott.

Peace & Love Jan
  20. DebinMN

DebinMN New Member

Just Bumping