Searching for doc in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbiem31, Jan 19, 2003.

1. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Please, please help...

I'm from Lafayette, IN and there are no Rheumatoligists in this town under my insurance. I would be willing to travel to Indy for one. The problem is, there's SO many there, that I don't know which one to go to. I would like to find a compassionate doc who will not doubt the pain and suffering that I deal with ALL the time.

Can anyone from Indy can tell me which Rheumy they see? Also, are they nice? The one doc listed on this board from Indy as a "good Doc" is not on my insurance.

Please let me know their name so I can check it against my list of docs...

I hate to beg, but this DD is getting worse everyday, and I'm having a hard time even taking care of my toddler. I can't stand it anymore... Maybe I need to visit the depression board too!
  2. injudie

injudie New Member

Hi Debbie,

Have a dear friend in Anderson that goes to an Indy doc - I will ask her who he is and let you know.

You can reach me at fibrotees@yahoo.com and as soon as I find out I'll be happy to pass this info on to you.

One source may be to call the Indiana Univ. Medical Center to see what doc may be on your list. Makes it hard when you have ONLY certain doc's to see but they do have a conglomerate of some fantastic doc's there - have gone myself but not for Fibro.

Good luck
    Count your blessings
    judie
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi Debbie. I live in Carmel and go to a wonderful doctor! Her name is Denise Thornberry. Her address is:

Methodist Medical Plaza No.
    201 Pennsylvania Parkway
    Suite 315
    Indianapolis, IN 46280-1393
    (317)-817-1400

The office is on 103rd Street and Meridian Street. I've been seeing her for 5 years, at the time when I was diagnosed. She's very nice and understanding. She is a Rheumatologist. I've already referred someone here on the Board to her. Please let me know if you call her. I hope this helps you!

Annette2
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

5. Fallingstar

Fallingstar New Member

Hi Deb!
    I go to a rheumatologist in Indianapolis. He's very nice and he is the dr. that first diagnosed me a few years ago. Now I only have to go to him once or twice a year for med. refills,etc. His name is Dr. Batt. The address is : 1801 N. Senate Blvd., Suite 315, at Methodist Hospital. The phone # is (317) 962-3500.

Hope this helps!
    Good Luck!
  6. FMHoosier

FMHoosier New Member

I live in a small town NW of you called Morocco. I was in Lafayette today (1/22) to buy supplies for my salon.

What type of insurance do you have? Is it an HMO, a PPO, Union, or private carrier? Do you have a primary physician that could refer you to a doc? It's hard to believe that out of all the doctors in Lafayette, there's not one on your list! I was dx'd by Dr. Lockwood, Rhumatologist, @ Arnett Clinic--only saw him for the dx. I doctor w/my primary since he is knowledgeable w/FM (and I like him better!)If you need a good primary, I can recommend my doctor in Rensselaer--it's just a 35 min. drive N of you on I65. You can email me @ dnnywn50@xvi.net, if you want.

Hopefully, you will find a good doc that can get you on the right track to feeling better.

Nancy

7. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Thanks alot. Dr. Batt is on my insurance list!! I am going to contact Dr. Thornberry first, but I'm glad to have a backup, in case she can't take new patients.

LOL,
    Debbie