Searching for Pain Doctors in SLC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. rosemarie

    rosemarie Member

    When you asked about where you could look I did some checking . The Doctors who treat pain are the ONLY ones who will write scripts for pain meds.

    But if you want a family doctor that is fine too. I have one but he will not write me any scripts for Narcoitc pain meds as he does not know enough about how they work for long periods of time and he is not comfortable with prescribing them on a long term basis.

    But if you find a Pain Doctor he lets you primary care doctor take care of all the other scripts that you need.
    Like hormomes, throyid meds, antibitoics as well as any thing that is not a narcotic. You may be able to get cough meds that contain codine thru your PCP but you would need to tell your pain doctor about it just so that he would know about it.

    Like I said I go to my PCp when I need other things than pain treatment.

    I hope that this will help you in finding a good pain doctor.And a PCP too.


[ advertisement ]