Searing and throbbing pain, what is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Dec 22, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

My inner elbow joint is throbbing. I have never had burning or searing pain with my fibro. I got an IV that did not go well and now I am in massive pain 5 days later? Is this fibro or something else?

If it is fibro, how in the world do I get rid of it!
  2. place

place New Member

In some pain!
  3. place

place New Member

I am sorry to hear you all have this pain too! I was kinda hoping it was not realated, because this is no fun at all.

I just tried the heat and it has reduced the pain. Thank you so much for the suggestion!!!! At least now I can type with two hands without too much pain!

I am just used to the dull achey pain of over use. Which I can control with pacing myself.

But I have rested my arm for days and it is geting worse! I think working on it with the heat will help.

I think I migh try to get my hubby to massage it!

IF anyone else has any suggestions on how to deal with this, I would love to try them out!

Happy holidays everyone!

4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have fibro and I do get this. I would be careful though as others have mentioned to watch for infection from the IV.

Have you tried heat? Maybe light wrapping? For me burning and searing pain were very common. My Doc put me on cymbalta and this help it get under control. I also wear thermos all the time to keep my body warm.
  5. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've only started having a combination of elbow & neck pain after undergoing weekly trigger point release dry needling in my shoulders & hip. BUmmer & excruciating pain! I've tried heat & ice; now I'm using Lidoderm pain patches on those 2 areas instead of the usual areas I keep patches on, plus I'm now trying Traumeel cream, which is a homeopathic cream. I'm hoping maybe it will help.

anyone using Traumeel?
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You should never blame new symptoms on fibromyalgia. We can always have new and different medical conditions.

I would see a doctor asap - maybe you have bursitis. If it is in the joint your doctor might do a injection in the joint to stop the inflammation.

It could also be a very serious condition with infection in the joint - with any pain - your body is telling you something is wrong.

If you cannot get into your regular doctor I would go to a walk in clinic. There are many that are open 24/7.

7. place

place New Member

I was still in some pain and then I had one of my mothers best pinapple side dishes for Christmas dinner.

It took my pain down to a good level, I don't know why I forgot but the best thing for my pain is to eat anti-inflamitory foods. Nothing works like salmon, pinapple and blueberries. I have yet to find a pill better than these foods!

Thanks again, I hope you all had a great Chrismas!
  8. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I thought I'd throw this out there too:

Burning pain can be a result of neuropathy - pain that orignates from problems with nerves. It's common in diabetics and a percentage of people with FM have the overlap too.

You might want to ask your doctor about it. I don't know a lot about it, but there are some treatments. Neurontin seems to be fairly effective on neuropathic pain.

Good luck!

- julie (is free!)