searing pain!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by ihave27problems, Jan 16, 2004.

1. ihave27problems

ihave27problems New Member

Over the summer I hurt my knee. I was told that the kneecap slipped out of place, but caused little damage. I took precautions playing volleyball this fall and wore a heavy duty hinged sports brace. I had no knee injuries all season, but occasionally had sharp pains after drills. Lately there are just searing pain just below and behind my kneecap, when I stand and walk, and on the inside (like inner thigh side) when I'm sitting. I have, what I believe to be, jumper's knee in my OTHER knee from muscle tears during skiing and excessive pressure from limping when I previously injured the other knee.

My doctor told me I shouldnt have pain in the knee I injured if I take precautions, which I have been. I walk long distances between some of my classes and spend a lot of time standing at vocal forensics/speech meets. Any clues to what I've done? Or what I can do to ease the pain?
  2. kwayne

kwayne New Member

hi have you ever thought of getting checked for arthritis.i hurt my knee a long time ago and now they tell me i have arthritis in both my knees.maybe you should ask your doctor if he can check you.good luck

kathy
  3. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi 27, Maybe you tore the medial meniscus in your knee? I did, and the paid was blinding. When you said that it also hurt just sitting that struck a familiar memory chord.

This is an easy one to rule out: The good old MRI. Mine was arthroscopic surgery and 90% fixed.

Good Luck