Seattle FFC: Has anyone gone there?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Aug 17, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi folks,
    Has anyone here gone to the newly opened FFC in Seattle? (It's actually in Bellevue.) If so, what is your impression of it? What do think of Dr. Marti?

I live in WA but have been going to the FFC in Cleveland (my hometown). At some point I'd like to switch to the one in Bellevue. It's only been open for 2 months. The one in Cleveland has a 2 year track record and the Dr. there has a high success rate.

So just looking for your opinions, as always.
    Take care,
    Hopeful4
  2. ronter7

ronter7 New Member

bumping for hopeful4!
  3. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

Hopeful4 - thank you for this info! I've been reading [with envy] about the other centers, wishing there was one close [I'm in the north Lynnwood/south Everett area].
    I just got on SSDI and Medicare - do they take it as payment?
    And are they listed in the phonebook or online?
    Can you tell I'm really excited about this?!!!

Char
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Char,
    You can go to their website, just google Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center. The phone number of the center in Bellevue is: 425-889-0676. I believe they've been open for 2 months now.

I called and spoke to the receptionist, she was very helpful, I think she can answer your questions for you.

They do not take any insurance, they provide you with a form to send in on your own. Medicare will not cover the office visits. However, it will cover the lab work, which is very expensive. I ended up paying out of pocket for the office visits, and paying zero for the lab work.

There are also prescription medications involved, and lots of supplements.

I have been going since March 31. I've had some temporary success with the IV's. I've been very pleased with the doctor (in Cleveland), the lab testing and results, and the comprehensive treatment. I think I'm still in the "feel worse before you feel better" phase, but am holding out for the feeling better part!

Good luck, take care.
    Hopeful4
  5. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience at the Seattle FFC. Sounds like the IV that you had there was the right one for you. I'm really glad that they have opened up a center in the NW. Thanks for sharing your impressions. I'll look forward to hearing more about your recent appointment.

Take care,
    Hopeful4