Second edition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by richvank, Sep 18, 2012.

1. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, all.

Erica Verrillo has written a second edition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide. It has just come out as an Kindle and Nook book. I don't think I'm allowed to say here where you can get it or what it costs, but you can find that out.

This is an excellent book, and I highly recommend it as a very comprehensive source of information on all aspects of ME/CFS, including very readable discussions of the research, including the early research, as well as explanatory models, symptoms, and the whole range of treatments including alternative as well as pharmaceutical.

Best regards,

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Rich- this got very good reviews on-line, looks intriguing - thanks!

Do you know if they discuss the methylation protocol in the book?

3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I just purchased this book online for my Kindle. Very, very good price.

Books are usually less expensive for the Kindle, at least the ones I've purchased have been.

I love that I can adjust the print size and shop online anytime. GB66[This Message was Edited on 09/21/2012]
  4. Rich,

Thanks so much for sharing this info with us! I def want to read this book. I'll check online. Thanks again, Rich! As always, you're a blessing!

God Bless,
  5. richvank

richvank New Member

Yes, she does discuss the methylation protocol. I have revised the protocol since she asked me for input (the August 25, 2012 revision is the current one), but she does have an earlier version of it. She also discusses Marty Pall's protocol and those of Dr. Cindy Bateman and Dr. Charles Lapp.

Best regards,

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can mention products here and where one can find them but you just can't give the URL for commercial sites selling things. Gotta say, since you mentioned Kindle, that I loooooove my Kindle. It's so much easier to hold than a book and I can vary the size of the type. I got a clip-on light for mine and it helps to read in less than ideal lighting. But, I digress...

Thanks once again for your help. You have done so much to help us all. Bless you.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie, I'm anxious to read the info in this book, but now I wonder if I should get a kindle first.... it WOULD be nice to be able to control the size of the print since these eyes aren't what they used to be (along with everything else! LOL!) But is there any difference in price between buying the book for your kindle versus buying the actual book? Just wondering, because I was hoping to order the book as soon as possible... thanks so much!

8. gotoguy

gotoguy New Member

I figured if Rich Vank said it was good this book had to be worth buying. (Also it's very affordable.) I don't have a kindle, but I do have the free app, so I can read the book on my computer, which I prefer anyway. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I can't say enough good things about it. It's easy to understand (Verrillo explains medical terms so people like me can understand what the studies are all about) and there are not just lists of treatments, but information about the dosage, and how people with CFS respond. (That's really important) Lots of info on alternative treatments as well. And the best description of symptoms I have ever read. This book is like hitting the jackpot. Thanks Rich for posting it here!
  9. Kay31

Kay31 Member

I have hesitated getting a Kindle right now cause I just got a new computer and had other household expenses.

What is the Free APP for your computer where you can read this book? I have the old version of her book.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2012]
  10. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Kay,

You can go to Amazon online and search Kindle for computers. It will tell you exactly what to do. It downloads quickly and works beautifully. I have an e-reader and I also have Kindle on my computer. Sometimes when I am really sick, even holding the e-reader is too much for me. With the Kindle on my computer (laptop), I put the laptop on a bed table over my abdomen and just lay there and read. You can adjust the print and lighting too. It's wonderful.