Second Peptide Injection Working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We had such a bad outbreak of Red Tide Algae just offshore and very close to me that I was very sick from it. RT can cause respiratory and neurological symptoms which clear up once the RT dissipates. It leaves me exhausted.

Now that the RT is gone, I am once again enjoying good health and energy. My arthritis no longer hurts and my joints aren't tender. There is no swelling nor stiffness but the deformity in one wrist and two fingers is permanent.

I am sleeping well and my energy is better than in decades. I've been cleaning in the condo and enjoying my returning Snowbird neighbors. Before, I was too tired to want to be around people.

My dry mouth and eyes are now normal and healthy. When the Red Tide was here, the Sjogren's symptoms were back to being bad. Now, I'm drooling like a dog over a pork chop :)

Finally, my cognitive function is so much better. I'm no more forgetful than any other old lady down here :)

I think that my body cannot integrate the peptides when I'm sick with anything else. I know they say not to get one when you are sick. The Red Tide wasn't an issue until the day of the injection after I had gotten it. I figured it didn't take but it did.

I want to keep y'all informed because this is so new to us all. It is helping me so much but it certainly hasn't been a linear improvement. Some symptoms have improved faster than others and during times when I have been sick, I have regressed. As time goes on, the injections should work better and not be so sporatic.

I am very grateful for the wonderful days, like today, that the injections allow me to enjoy. I hope this continues until the 24th when I get the third one. I'll keep y'all updated.

Love, Mikie
  2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Up here, I think the doctors are just discovering penicillin. Mine said there was "NOTHING more to be done for me" and I said "You're wrong". Oh, how he hates that!

Question for you. If I send a blood sample to the UK lab, I know they could make a formula for me. But can they ALSO send the injections to my GOOD doctor? Or would it be better to wait until I got to Atlanta (about 9 months andFlorida isn't that far) and get them there? I'm just so anxious to start! My PCP thinks Peptide is a new laundry detergent!

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Stacey, you're funny! and like Leah said, so good that you advocate for yourself, and have self-confidence and spunk - this DD can wear you down!

Mike - I cannot believe how well you're doing (after the RT), this is just such good news! It is extremely unfortunate that there are only 20 doctors in teh U.S. who do this. Dr. Gomeringer's office did not know of any docs in California who do the peptides. I'm going to call Dr. Dakos tomorrow and see if there if there is anyone relatively close to southern Calif.

I have a question for you. You've said that the guai protocol freed you up to concentrate on recovering from CFS. What did you do for CFS recovery? I've done the methylation protocol, taken countless supplements and things for energy and still cannot get past crashing. My adrenals are stronger now and I'm on armour thyroid, all these things help, but I still crash. So - can you tell me what you did to stop crashing (post-exertional malaise)? I can feel good on a certain day and feel like I have lots of energy, but if I don't stop after 3-1/2 hours of light exertion, I crash the next couple of days. Gradually increasing exertion does not help. I can't get past this 3-1/2 hour limit, like Cinderella's coach turning into a pumpkin at midnight.

And I'm interested in the answer to Stacey's question too, whether the docs in England could send teh serum to another doctor here. I did ask Gomeringer's office if they could work with my doctor here in California and they said no, that they had to be trained in England. Gomeringer suggested I could fly to Florida for treatment which I cannot do.

Well, anyways, I am really happy at your continued progress!

Best wishes,

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Stacey, most of the time, they do not do the plasma assay. The peptide serum I'm getting is a wide-spectrum peptide sequence which is used for our illnesses to start. If, after three injections, the patient doesn't respond, the injections are stopped and a plasma assay can be done.

I don't know what it takes for a doc to become eligible to participate in this program. Dr. Dakos may know whether you can get them from your own doc or self-inject. His e-address is Good luck to you.

Leah, as always, thank you for your sweet support. It really helps to know that people are pulling for this to work. In the past, when I was doing some cutting-edge stuff, there was a lot of support too and it was much appreciated. I did get well enough to work part time, but when the Sjogren's hit, I was devastated. No wonder Venus Williams had to quit tennis. A friend sent me a link to an article on her and she said she couldn't even lift the tennis racquet.

I think we are all on the lookout for treatments which will help us heal and, dare we hope, a cure. I will never call this a cure but if it can cause my body to start making healthy peptide sequences so that my symptoms go away, it will be the next best thing. The docs doing this have seen people cured so they are more optimistic than those of us who have been sick so long. I am cautiously optimistic that it will be the miracle I've been hoping and praying for. I'm just not wanting to jinx it.

Dr. Dakos had advanced bladder cancer when he tried the peptide injections for cancer. Normally, cancer that far along in an older man would be fatal. After his peptide treatment, there was no trace of cancer left. He is an elderly gentleman now. Both these docs are so excited with the results which they see on a daily basis. Both these docs are humble men who desire to help as many people as they can.

Love, Mikie

5. dannybex

dannybex Member

Hi Mikie,

Haven't been by in a long time, but just wanted to say hello and let you know how glad I am to hear you're doing better. Very inspiring.

I'll have to stop by more often. :)

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks so much for your support.

Dan, it's so good to see you posting. Don't be a stranger. We have a lot of our older, meaning long-time, members coming back.

I'll keep updating. Right now, the Red Tide is back blowing ashore and making me feel sick. It's hard to tell how well the injection is working when I am sick from the RT. So, things aren't very stable right now but this is a long-term treatment so there will be plenty of time to assess its effectiveness.

Love, Mikie
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi, Mikie!
    This is so exciting! I really hope it works on you. And that you keep feeling better and better.
    Stupid biotoxins! How unfortunate that the red tide happened.

I wonder if peptides and the GcMAF I'm doing would be complementary. Each thing is supposed to have the potential to cure people from cancer as well as CFS. Each thing is a natural substance that healthy people's bodies normally make. What would happen if they were used together?