Secular Fibro/CFS Support Groups??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renae1979, Jan 13, 2006.

1. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Does anyone know of any secular Fibro/CFS online support groups??

Thanks in advance!!

2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I'd like to hear about any, too.

Until we find one, this thread could be one :) So, how are you feeling today, Renae?

Cheers,

Roseblossom
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

do you mean by secular? Non-religious?
  4. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I am a long-term member of AA and it has worked well for me. I am not a religious person but have worked out a form of spirituality that helps. I do not believe in organized religion but rather in my own form. My point is that even if you do not believe, you can benefit greatly from 12-Step Programs. I had the same trepidation ten years ago when I entered AA, but I was desperate and my life was in danger. Now I am a much happier person. Jim
  5. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Roseblossom -

I'm fabulous today. The weather here in the mid-west (USA) is GREAT!! How about you?

I know of someone who belongs to a freethinkers group I'm in who is starting their own secular support group for a chronic disease that they suffer from because of not being able to find true support from most other support groups without having to wade through all of the religion, etc. I have been discussing this with her and she may open up her site to all chronic illnesses. I will let you know if I hear more on that outlet for socializing/support.
  6. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Yes, by secular I mean completely non-religious. Thanks!
  7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Bumping for any suggestions at all - or suggestions on where to look or ask to find secular support groups for fibro. I have found tons of them for substance abuse, etc., but none for fibro or chronic pain.

We all want to find a support group that we can belong to where we don't feel judged and looked at differently for our beliefs; where we don't have to censor our opinions and what we say, etc. - and that's all I want too. I don't want to offend anyone by my posts or my thoughts.

I've been a member of this group for some time and it has been a great source of information, but over the past year or so it has drastrically changed and I'm just looking for a group more in tune with my personal beliefs. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!