Sed Rate CReactive Protein

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vnash, Sep 16, 2008.

1. vnash

vnash New Member

Has anyone else had a low sed rate (mine is always 1) and a high c-reactive protein level (mine is 24)? If they both indicate inflammation why aren't they both high?
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have a normal sed rate and a high CRP 22 also an elevated ANA, never found out why. Then at one time I had a sed rate of 30. I would say its good you have a low one but I am no doc.

Its my understanding that they both indicate inflammation.

My doc seems to think its all tied in with the CFS.

I never know what to think anymore.

God bless,
  3. niecsey

niecsey New Member

Hi do you post over at healthboards? Im sure l just seen same post :) mine is high too and sed rate is fine doc isnt worried l aint dxn with fibro yet see the rheumy in 13 days at last but l have all the symptoms etc good luck
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

May be indicitive of hypercoagulation due to fibrin overgrowth. Many of us have chronic infections which often go hand in hand with fibrin overgrowth. While a low Sed Rate may be indicitive of this, it isn't always the case. More testing is needed. Go to the HEMEX Lab website and learn more about this. Docs seldom worry when Sed Rates are low but they should take low Sed Rates as an indication that more needs to be done.

Love, Mikie