SED RATE UP MORE THAN 140....???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Oct 30, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

OK...now my ANA is showing negative. (last time it was positive) And my SED RATE is now higher, showing greater than 140 (supposedly normal is less than 30).
    Anyone have an idea what this means?
    My Primary doc's office called with these results and now they want me to go see the Rheumy again.
    Is this normal for Fibro? Or is something else showing up?
    Lupus?....

Thanks Guys,
    Love
    HOUSEOFBLUES
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

OK...now my ANA is showing negative. (last time it was positive) And my SED RATE is now higher, showing greater than 140 (supposedly normal is less than 30).
    Anyone have an idea what this means?
    My Primary doc's office called with these results and now they want me to go see the Rheumy again.
    Is this normal for Fibro? Or is something else showing up?
    Lupus?....

Thanks Guys,
    Love
    HOUSEOFBLUES
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]
  3. momasue62

momasue62 New Member

Dear Friend,
    My sed rate was up and went down. I am boarderline lupus. There are two different kinds of lupus, so going to a physician to even diagnose this is very important. Hope all goes well and get alot of rest, stay away from as much stress as possible as that is what sparks mine up. sincerely,suzanne
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

is going on. Don't jump to any conclusions yet...there are a lot of tests that can help give you answers. All a sedrate does is show inflammation SOMEWHERE in your body. Any history of arthritis in the family? As you probably know, a borderline or positive ANA may mean absolutely nothing. I have been through the lupus business since the 1970s and I have never had a high sedrate. My fingers hurt so bad I can't close my fists and yet this test is always normal. My ANA has always just been borderline. I have NEVER really known what type of auto-immune, collagen vascular, connective tissue problem I have....this is all the info a doc can give me. I know that I hurt almost all the time, I am fatigued almost all the time (with no reason that I know of), I have weird rashes and symptoms that shouldn't be there. So there you have it. I am an enigma.
    See the Rheumatologist and have some additional tests done to see where the inflammation is coming from...Let us know!
    Love,
    Kady
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Mine has been high for over 10 years, usually averaging in the 70`s. When it was 130, the doctor said it could have been from a flu or virus doing it.

I still don`t know what`s causing it after all this time but I`m still here. My health isn`t really any worse and no Lupus or anything like that shows up on tests so I guess I`m ok.

I`m thinking its just good old- fashioned arthritis causing it. That`s the only thing that has gotten progessively worse on me.
    It can be from many things but Fm isn`t supposed to cause a high sed rate.