SED rate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Aug 15, 2006.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Back in March I had a lot of blood work done and my SED rate was 55 (normal is under 20). I had it done again a week later and it was 18. I just had another blood work-up done last week and now it is back up to 36. High SED rate can be caused by many things but it has got me worrying. I have vulvodynia (chronic vulvar irritation) so I am figuring that when I have a flare-up (which I am having now) that may cause it. Anyway, was wondering if any of you have SED rate issues and what has caused it. Thanks!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. HanMak

HanMak New Member

Mine has been up and down for the past 3 years or so. My highest has been 96. My doctors can't figure it out but believe that it might be due to Arthritis.
    My D-Dimer also registers high. Usually your D-Dimer should be below 250. My last test revealed my D-Dimer at 1061. Doctor's have run every test imaginable looking for possible blood clots or heart related problems. A technician told my that a high D-Dimer is no longer a sign for possible blood clots. He said that some people just run high for some reason.
    Who knows???
  4. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Thanks for your responses and bumping my post. It is so busy around here that things move off page 1 so quick!! I appreciate you help!