seeing a new neurologist tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, May 18, 2003.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I have been seeing a neurologist since I was 18 years old, I am 46 now. I passed out one day at work and was diagnosed with a seizure disorder in 1975. I have been on Dilantin since then with not a single seizure besides the one they thought I had at work that day, but my EEG showed seizure activity. I have been to various neurologist due to moving ect. but do not like the one I am seeing now. I have never seen a neurologist for my Fibro/CFS. Tomorrow I am going to see a new neurologist- can they and do they treat Fibro/CFS along with Rheumatogists??? With which doctor have you all had the most success in helping you all with this DD? Should I explain to her all that has been going on with me including the Fibro?
    Thanks
    Debbie
  2. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Hi Debbie,
    My first Neurologist yelled at me to never say Fibromyalgia in his office again. He said that it is just a fancy name for depressed patients. Needless to say I now have a new Neurologist who does believe in Fibromyalgia. How do you like your new doctor? The board must have been moving fast on the 18th and your post flew by everyone.

By the way, I visited Plant City a couple of months ago for the first time. It was the nearest state to my home that I could find a breeder for the type of puppy I wanted. It took us about 11 hours to get there. Drove half way there, spent the night in a hotel, drove the rest of the way the next morning. It killed me to stay in a car that long. Plant City is a nice town. I had the greatest ice cream and fresh strawberries there. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2