Seeing double anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dixiegal, Nov 26, 2003.

1. dixiegal

dixiegal New Member

About 4 years ago I started noticing seeing double. I'v asked my doctor about it see sent me to a neuro mri was ok. My eye doc says its nothing dont worry. I see double all the time, even if I cover one eye I still see 2 of everything.
    Kim
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It has happened to me a few times too. The worst was one night I was watching tv, all of a sudden I saw only HALF the screen, talk about scared............ I turned over and went to sleep. I was fine when I woke up!

Had my eyes checked, nothing was wrong, the doctor said it was just a 'fluke' that happens sometimes. What a 'fluke'!

I also have blurred vision when I wake up, still they tell me its nothing to worry about.

Don't know what to tell you, this illness is just so full of terrible surprises none of can keep up with it.....

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2003]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I don't have this problem, but it seems many of us do have weird symptoms (... if it were me, I'd probably go get a second opinion however, but that's just me...)

Victoria
  4. dixiegal

dixiegal New Member

5. annetteg1969

annetteg1969 New Member

Your not alone!I see double quite a bit espically when watching tv.I have FM and it just seems like that's one of the symptins hang in there!!!AnnetteG
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Lately when pain gets worse so does my vision. I've gone to the eye doc 3 xs in last 2 weeks. He keeps saying my glasses are OK, but I've got headaches & my eyes feel like they can't focus.

All the while I've got a terrible pain in my forehead that the rheumie says is now myofascial. Blah!

phooey!

best thoughts.
  7. SweetieLF

SweetieLF New Member

I see double alot as well.....I have FMS and MPS and TMJ.....its mostly bad when I first wake up, when I'm trying to focus on something, when my pain is especially terrible, and when I'm especially exhausted......its very very annoying isnt it?? it makes you dizzy too.....grrrrr

Laura;)
  8. dixiegal

dixiegal New Member

for the replies everyone.I wish mine would come and go, but its here all the time.It doesnt make me dizzy or anything I just see 2 of everything,maybe Im just used to it,lol
    Kim
  9. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

I've had Diplopia since the fourth grade...I'm 50 now. My Opthalmologist prescribes "prisims" for my eyeglass lenses which correct the double vision. There is no need for you to suffer with this. Make an appointment with an opthalmologist. This is an easy and inexpensive problem to resolve. Best wishes, and happy single vision to you.
  10. paingal

paingal New Member

I was seeing double & lost peripheral vision with amitryptilline. Dr. put prism inmy glasses which helped.awhen I went off medication, vision returned to normal. I tried it again as the pain relief & sleep were better. Got double vision again. Now know what cause id=s for me.

Good luck.

Paingal
  11. Dara

Dara New Member

when I am really fatigued, also I've noticed that after I take my zanaflex at night, I will see double if I try to watch TV.

But, to have it all the time?? It would drive me nuts. I wouldn't accept it as normal, I would get a second opinion just to be sure that it's nothing serious.

How do you read?? drive?? I really feel for you, I just can't imagine what it would be like to have it all the time.

Dara
  12. 6cats

6cats New Member

I have Diplopia as well and now have prescriptions for prism glasses for close-up. So far so good but I may need for far away as well!
  13. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Kim, I have had this from birth as I was born crossed eye..my eyes do not appear to be crossed anymore, but I still suffer the consequences of cross eyes or lazy eye. I too wear prisms and have since I was quite young. No my

Oh the interesting side of this, both my Opthomologist and Rheumatologist are trying to find the link in my vision changes since my muscle imbalances change and I end up having to get new glasses every 5-6 months....very expensive since the prisms are high and now I have bifocals too.

Make sure you are seeing a opthomologist that specializes in Strabismus in adults. Nancy