Seeing spots and stars

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dleaning, May 24, 2006.

1. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I was wondering if anyone out there has had problems with your eyes like seeing spots and stars not necessarily at the same time, that just appear out of nowhere for no reason? I do have some pressure behind my eyes, and my vision isn't affected in any way.

Just curious!!

Dawn
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

Hmmm... Could be something called migraine equivalent? This sounds like it could be a migraine aura. With migraine equivalent, you would have the aura, and possibly nausea, but no head pain.

I have the painful kind of migraines, but my sister gets these.

Kalina
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Great to know that I am not totally alone with this!!! Yes, I also get the "floaties" and if I am reading and look away at something else, I still see the lines, not the words, but the lines in a different sort of color!! Weird, very weird!!

Thanks for the replies!!

Dawn
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I do that when my blood sugar is to low and I need to eat some protien:)
    Dee50
  5. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Unluckly for me, if I'm not seeing stars, I am seeing spots. The only exception is when I see what I call solar flares. I don't know a better way to describe it. All of a sudden I'll get this blinding flash of light as if someone has shone a very powerful light into my eyes.

The only time I do manage to get a break from all the various lights I see is when I manage to get some semblance of sleep.

I know this doesn't help, but I thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one.

Hugs and best wishes,
    Skye
  6. windgoddess

windgoddess New Member

"""I also get the "floaties" and if I am reading and look away at something else, I still see the lines, not the words, but the lines in a different sort of color!! Weird, very weird!!""" - - -

ME TOO! ALL OF IT! And the florescent lights at work really bother me, I'd rather work in the dark :) People often turn on lights for me while I'm reading - they don't understand why I like to read in low light, but it just feels better.

I guess none of us is alone in our "weirdness" huh?
  7. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,
    I just wanted to ad my two cents...please look into Lyme disease as this is one of the symptoms.

I was recently diagnosed with Lyme and seeing sparkles was one of my symptoms.

Love Mindy
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

As Mindy said, floaters etc are also a symptom of Lyme -

when asked, my son said he couldn't remember NOT seeing them...

he has chronic active Lyme...

something to consider, considering the overlap in symptoms we're seeing!

all the best,
    Victoria
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2006]
  9. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I was tested for that a few years ago, which came back negative. I have an appt. with my rheumatologist, and I will ask him about it.

Thanks for the concern!!!

Dawn
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

Dawn
    Something else to keep in mind about testing for Lyme -

Blood tests only show positive if it is active in bloodstream.

But Lyme is pleomorphic (can change shape) and hide out if one has had it a long time.

-- it is verified that it can become cell-wall-deficient and hide out even in our white blood cells or any tissue of the body AND it can also form cysts over it to hide out.

If the bacteria is present in these latter forms, it will NOT show up on a blood test, which is why it can be very hard to get a positive.

Doctors are supposed to treat based on the clinical picture, not by blood tests alone as no test anyway is 100%...

And while not everyone with CF/FM have lyme, there are many other stealth bacteria and virii hiding in our bodies wreaking havoc... and co-infections are also common, ie, having more than one infection.

I know there are journal articles about bacteria causing RA and other arthritis...

hope this helps,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2006]
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I get those right before I get a migraine .pre warns me ones coming.
    to the person with the cat like hairs those are called floaters ,I think that can also be connected to headache.I also go blind sometimes or can only see half of someones body.
  12. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Lyme disease was also ruled out for me, but I do have (I believe it's called) optic neuritis. What I actually do know is that I have sever nerve damage especially in my right eye.