Seeking a Doc Who Cares in MD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teachrtechr, Dec 14, 2006.

1. teachrtechr

teachrtechr New Member

I was just recently diagnosed with CFS and I am now looking for a doctor who believes that CFS actually exists. I have probably been living with this for many years, however, I am having one heck of a time with it right now. My PCP isn't real willing to believe that CFS actually exists, admitted that she doesn't know if they are researching it, so I am looking for someone who will actually try and help me. I live in the Baltimore area and am looking for any suggestions to help me in any way.

Mornings are absolutely horrible. Not so much with pain, just with getting up. I take 200 mg of Provigil and my Thyroid medicine an hour before I get up, but it doesn't seem to help. I guess I am just frustrated. :( Thanks!

Sorry, I'm really looking for info and it fell off the first page. So I edited it to get it back on.[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I am in Maryland...what part are you from?
  3. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm also in MD, but more towards the D.C. area, so I can't give you a personal recommendation, but here is a link to the CFS & Fibro 'Good Doctors' list. There are several in the Baltimore area.

http://www.co-cure.org/USA_MD.htm
  4. teachrtechr

teachrtechr New Member

I tried the Co:Cure site and I'm really not sure which one to go with and those I tried aren't at the numbers anymore. :( I've also called the rheumatology numbers at Hopkins and were told that they don't treat CFS, but that's where the Desk Reference linked to.