Seeking a new Dr in the SE Michigan NW Ohio area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Apr 10, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Anyone know of a good doctor for Fibro in the Ann Arbor Michigan or Toledo Ohio area? I am not happy with the one I have been seeing for several years. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks...Pattie
  2. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I go to the FFC in Detroit and am very happy there. They are thourough and responsive! The dr. will do phone call appts. Good Luck!

Tracy
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have a great FMS in Ann Arbor-Dr. David Vallance, 3055 Plymouth Road, Suite 102, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, phone-
    (734) 623-0100. He's really busy and it may take you several months to get in, but definitely worth it. The first time I called, they put me on a list to call if someone else cancelled an appt. and I got in a month earlier.

Dr. Vallance spends a lot of time with you and never acts rushed. He also writes down notes on things he wants you to do. His office staff makes a copy for your file and gives you the original.

When he did blood work on me, he sent me the results and the next visit he went over the entire tests that were done and explained what everything was on the sheet-something no one has ever done with me before. He also tested me for things I've been wanting to be tested-vitamin deficiencies and arthritis.

He is willing to prescribe narcotics, if necessary, although he starts you on a low dose. He said he doesn't believe that people should be made to suffer, but, of course, he doesn't want you on a higher dose if it's not necessary. I've been his patient for a little over a year now, and I am doing better and definitely sleeping better. I work a part-time job-5 mornings a week.

He really listens to me and doesn't treat me like a "whiny female". He's open to ideas and suggestions I have and answers my questions completely.

He is still taking new patients, although he is very busy. But I think he just hates to turn anyone away. Do you get the idea I like this doctor? A couple people in my FMS support group recommended him to me. He is a younger doctor so he will hopefully be here for a long time. I told him the last time I was there that I wished we could clone him.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend you call his office ASAP. Good luck.

Ellen

P.S. I love the pictures of your dogs. I have three cats. I just love animals. They are wonderful therapy for us.