Seeking fm/cfs doctors in or near Jackson Tennessee

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrokimm, Dec 12, 2002.

1. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

Well, I'm finally in Jackson Tennessee, but not yet in my home. I am presently staying with my parents because of ongoing home improvement work on the house. I have been here 3-4 weeks and have misplaced my notes and referrals for Tennesse fm/cfs doctor referrals.

I am seeking and fm/cfs friendly doctors, either general pract or rheumys in Jackson Tennessee or near Jackson, like Memphis. I cannot afford to travel any further than Memphis. I would appreciate any referrals that meet this criteria.

I am stressing out a bit on this issue because I am on meds that work and have the documentation to prove it and I dreading the possible run around from doctors and not being able to get my meds, particularly oxycontin.

If all else fails, I will have to go back to see my doctor in Florida.

Thank you and God Bless,
    Happy Holidays
    Fibrokimm
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  2. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

Well, I'm finally in Jackson Tennessee, but not yet in my home. I am presently staying with my parents because of ongoing home improvement work on the house. I have been here 3-4 weeks and have misplaced my notes and referrals for Tennesse fm/cfs doctor referrals.

I am seeking and fm/cfs friendly doctors, either general pract or rheumys in Jackson Tennessee or near Jackson, like Memphis. I cannot afford to travel any further than Memphis. I would appreciate any referrals that meet this criteria.

I am stressing out a bit on this issue because I am on meds that work and have the documentation to prove it and I dreading the possible run around from doctors and not being able to get my meds, particularly oxycontin.

If all else fails, I will have to go back to see my doctor in Florida.

Thank you and God Bless,
    Happy Holidays
    Fibrokimm
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  3. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Glad to see that you made it safely to Tennessee. Hope the move did not stress you out too much. I don't know if you remember or not but I replied to your post when you were planning your move. Please do not let anyone recommend a Jackson rheumy to you. I can just about guarantee you will not get any satisfactory treatment from him. This is not just from me either. I know five women besides myself that went to him. We are all in agreement about him. I don't think you would want to waste your time or your money. I do hope you find a doctor to suit your needs so you can relax and enjoy your Christmas holiday. I still haven't made it to the support meeting at the Jackson hospital either. Maybe as you say in January.

God Bless and love
    LindaH