Seeking FM/CFS Visual Artists, Photography, Mixmedia...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrokimm, Oct 18, 2002.

1. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I am seeking FM/CFS Artists who would be interested in participating in an Art exhibit during the Month of May 2003 (12th) for Fibromyalgia Awareness Day...however the exhibit would be for one month.

All work submissions must be related to any of the various aspects of the illness and this includes the therapeutic healing benefits of creativity and FM/CFS (several themed categories will exist).

This event will be open to visual artist, medium: mixmedia, sculptors, oils, watercolor, acrylics, photography and poetry. More information to come soon concerning criteria, application, deadline, theme, location, minimal fees and so forth.

This is a not for profit endeavor and the purpose is to increase awareness about FM/CFS. I am hoping to make this an annual event.

I had initially been planning this as a solo show and later thought it would be great to include others who might be interested in this concept, which would offer a variety of FM/CFS pespectives.

I am looking forward to coordinating this project and will be posting again in December 2002 with more update info.

God Bless
    Fibrokimm
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2002]
  2. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

I am seeking FM/CFS Artists who would be interested in participating in an Art exhibit during the Month of May 2003 (12th) for Fibromyalgia Awareness Day...however the exhibit would be for one month.

All work submissions must be related to any of the various aspects of the illness and this includes the therapeutic healing benefits of creativity and FM/CFS (several themed categories will exist).

This event will be open to visual artist, medium: mixmedia, sculptors, oils, watercolor, acrylics, photography and poetry. More information to come soon concerning criteria, application, deadline, theme, location, minimal fees and so forth.

This is a not for profit endeavor and the purpose is to increase awareness about FM/CFS. I am hoping to make this an annual event.

I had initially been planning this as a solo show and later thought it would be great to include others who might be interested in this concept, which would offer a variety of FM/CFS pespectives.

I am looking forward to coordinating this project and will be posting again in December 2002 with more update info.

God Bless
    Fibrokimm
  3. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

The FM/CFS Art Exhibit will be held in Memphis, Nashville or Jackson Tennessee. I am still working on the location. TBA in December 2002.

There will be a lot of press and several FM/CFS websites will feature pictures from the event.

Will keep you posted. Thank you for your interest.

God Bless,
    Fibrokimm
  4. contessa

contessa New Member

I'd love to participate in something like this. Please keep me informed and add me to your email list as well..

chardon@maqs.net

Thanks for your willingness to share in your creative work!!
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I was just wondering if maybe if enough Interest is generated by this endeaver, that maybe it could be done in the different states that the members are from.

Like the Projects, "A Day In The Life of" that Photographers participate in.
    Kodak is very supportive in projects that help Childern and the Disabled. Let me know and I can get in touch with their company, I took a Photojournal class back in 98, and it was the city of Lakewood, Ca,'s Anav. and they ddonated Film for the Photography Display that Long Beach City College and then all the Art work went on display at Lakewwods city hall.

Just a thought on really making a Big Splash in the Art World and bring us some notice that we are in Need of Help.
    That we can still do things inspite of our Syndromes, that we don't give up. What a great way to do that.

I know we have some very Creative folks here, hope they will join in.

God Bless You
    kredca4/sharon
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

This sounds like a wonderful undertaking! Count me In! If you have a mailing list, would you add me to it? My email addy is: jkrather@ltex.net The creative juices are flowing, and I am envisioning a project!
    Karen
  7. kay

kay New Member

to know more about it also! I am in Knoxville, Tn. Sounds great lstamback@webtv.net Thanks
  8. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Fibrokimm,

Count me in! I've got 2 fibro-pieces in their final stages of completion as we 'speak'! Please do keep us posted.

Thanks!
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  9. Katseye

Katseye New Member

Hey Fibrokimm,
    As an artist with FM/CFS, you can count me in. We definately need more public awareness. I'll check back for you post in December with anticipation.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know this would be a lot of work, but how about a traveling show, like the AIDS quilt shows which raised awareness.

Maybe we've all been trying to get national attention instead of going the local route to raise awareness. Just a suggestion. Local media would jump on this like a chickens on a June bug.

Love, Mikie
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Fibrokimm:

I think this is a great idea and I would love to participate. Here is my e-mail address for you to give me more info later: ecomstock@adrian.edu.

Thanks!

Ellen
  12. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

I consider myself an artist, I'm a professional commercial model & actress, so I hope that in some way I could contribute!? I see photography is included - I love the camera, whether it's modeling or photographing!

You can see a copy of the national print ad I'm currently in, in my profile.

I don't think I'm allowed to post my URL here, but you can contact me at theglamourgirl@cox.net

Thanks Fibrokimm

[ advertisement ]