Seeking Physical Therapist In So. Cal. Area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goodkamra, Nov 27, 2002.

1. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi,

I'm in need of a physical therapist and am hoping that someone here may be able to provide me with a referral.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge of FM was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I live in Whittier, CA and am hoping to find someone within a half hour (ideally) drive of my home.

If anyone has a referral for me, or any suggestions as to how to find a referall, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks so much...and Happy Thanksgiving all!

Yvonne Suter
  2. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi,

I'm in need of a physical therapist and am hoping that someone here may be able to provide me with a referral.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge of FM was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I live in Whittier, CA and am hoping to find someone within a half hour (ideally) drive of my home.

If anyone has a referral for me, or any suggestions as to how to find a referall, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks so much...and Happy Thanksgiving all!

Yvonne Suter
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Yvonne, I sure hope you fine some one soon in your area.

This board is always slow on the holidays, so hang in there. You may have to bump your post up till Monday!

I am in Louisiana, so can't help you.

Just wanted to welcome you to the board.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome Shirl. And thank you Sunny for the referral to Dr. Silverman, you're not the first who has mentioned him...he's just so darn far away! And Mel, I will check out the resource you provided...thanks for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Yvonne
  5. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Marla,

Thanks much for the referral...I will definitely look him up.

Happy T-Day!

Yvonne