Seeking Physical Therapist In So. Cal. Area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goodkamra, Dec 3, 2002.

1. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi All,

This is a re-post of a message I had posted at the beginning of the holiday weekend, which is a busy time for all so I thought I'd try again. Thanks to those who have already provided input.

Hi,

I'm in need of a physical therapist and am hoping that someone here may be able to provide me with a referral.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge of FM was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I live in Whittier, CA and am hoping to find someone within a half hour (ideally) drive of my home.

If anyone has a referral for me, or any suggestions as to how to find a referall, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks so much,

Yvonne
  2. goodkamra

goodkamra New Member

Hi All,

This is a re-post of a message I had posted at the beginning of the holiday weekend, which is a busy time for all so I thought I'd try again. Thanks to those who have already provided input.

Hi,

I'm in need of a physical therapist and am hoping that someone here may be able to provide me with a referral.

I'm in need of a PT who is experienced and knowledgeable in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and with whom I could work individually. I have not had much luck
    finding someone, and in fact, have recently had a bad experience receiving treatment at a local office at which I was shuffled around between various therapists and clinicians, whose knowledge of FM was limited. $1200.00 and one month later, I was no better off than prior to treatment. I used to have an excellent therapist but unfortunately he has left the area. I don't know where to turn for help.

I live in Whittier, CA and am hoping to find someone within a half hour (ideally) drive of my home.

If anyone has a referral for me, or any suggestions as to how to find a referall, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks so much,

Yvonne
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help, but wanted to bump your post up for you so that others can read it. I know we have members in California and they will be glad to share with you.

Shalom, Shirl