Seelast post. Is this FM Fog? I need yourhelp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DayByDazey, Jul 23, 2010.

1. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

I'm needing your help. Pls don't just read & not reply something or another. I'm missing so much work. In pain. Trying to figure out FM & crashes. Not sure what's happening to me yet.
    Thnx everybody I appreciate any words. Noone wants to be here anymore. FM is a drag. My mother doesn't understand. My sisters don't. My co-workers certainly dont soI'm glad I found this site to air out & ask questions I desperately need help with.
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

i wish i had an answer for you. i describe fog as a mental haze making in hard to remember just about everything.

a flair for me is an increase in pain, fatigue, decreased mental alertness. basically i feel like a steam roller has run me over then backed up to do it again.

as far as relief goes i try heat, ice, baths/showers as hot as i can stand it. swimming is also wonderful all light and no pressure but I have someone drive me there. i basically can't get by without medication.

whether it be holistic, or pharma....whatever works. i can't steer you in the right direction for you. everyone is different.

i know how hard this me i really do.

this board and my FM support meeting are great sources of comfort and information.

the best thing to do is read, read, read about this DD. you just might happen upon a treatment you'd like to try.

hang in there:)
  3. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

At work I'm beginning to feel like a real outsider. Not carrying my weight. I drag around, don't feel like chit chatting, I feel my voice trail off on the phone with customers-I try to speak up but it seems like my volume button has pushed down to low. I tried swimming but I have Raynaud's & when I get out & my feet & hands are purple-others stare as if I'm dead on the spot. Thanks for your reply-I forgot to check my work e-mail today to get stuff to others to handle & forgot to put msg on phone at work that I wasn't in (can do that remotely). I plum forgot everything. At last minute this afternoon, forgot that I had to do some banking. I called a friend to take me there. I dont hardly remember the short trip to the bank. I don't like this foggy existence that's for sure. Take Care! Connie
  4. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

Since I'm new on the site-I've read quite a few posts including yours in the past couple of weeks. I'm glad you replied. I will ask my dr about Cymbalta. Any tips are appreciated! Connie
  5. Tizz

Tizz New Member

I've been taking Cymbalta for about 4 years and it really helps.

Yeah, I know (believe me I know) that nothing takes away all the pain or makes us immune to feeling "down". I'm new to the fibro diagnosis but not new to chronic pain. Chronic pain, by itself, can wear you down and keep you exhausted. And even though the medical community seems to pretend that it's only painkillers, not pain itself, that can affect how well you carry out your responsibilities (work, family, etc) -- I think all of us here probably know how distracting pain can be, how it affects our ability to concentrate on anything else, and how much it can affect our moods.

6. gknee

gknee New Member

I get fibro fog quite a bit especially if I'm tired. Matter of fact I am in the middle of a bad case right now. It can be scarry. When I get foggy its like a headache takes over and I can't think straight. I can't figure out my next word. I loose track of what I was saying. My typing goes and I don't know that I am making a mistake. I will look at papers and have no clue what I am doing. I will just shuffle the papers around thinking that I know what I am doing then 1/2 sec later I have no idea what it was again. When I am talking I will forget my sentence half way through the sentence. I can't figure out words that I want to use as I talk. I teach second grade and many times I was up on the board teaching my students and I will forget how to add. I will not know what the addition or subtraction sign means or even what to do with the numbers. I can't be on the computer for more than 20 minutes and my brain starts to get foggy.

Its more than walking into a room and not knowing what you were going to do. It's more that calling your child the wrong name. It literally HURTS my head to think. I have heard of some people forgetting how to get home the become so lost. Thankfully, I haven't been that bad yet. But, there is always tomorrow.