Seen the doc today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LedaMoon, Aug 29, 2002.

1. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

I just got back from seeing my PCP today. She agrees with the ER doc that i have Fibro. She put me on a few pills and said see ya in 2 weeks. She suggested i try to get into a Rheumologist, appt set but not until the end of November. So i guess i have to live with what my PCP says until than. She seems to think she is going to fix me. She hasn't been able to help me in the last 2 years what makes her think she can fix me now?

Just glad i found this group, you don't know how much useful information i have found. Thanks!

>>>Barb<<<
  2. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

I just got back from seeing my PCP today. She agrees with the ER doc that i have Fibro. She put me on a few pills and said see ya in 2 weeks. She suggested i try to get into a Rheumologist, appt set but not until the end of November. So i guess i have to live with what my PCP says until than. She seems to think she is going to fix me. She hasn't been able to help me in the last 2 years what makes her think she can fix me now?

Just glad i found this group, you don't know how much useful information i have found. Thanks!

>>>Barb<<<
  3. jeanann

jeanann New Member

cure you!!!! Wow if she can i will fly to where you are to see her. I am in Alaska. Perhaps now that she has a name for your symptoms she feels she may be able to help you manage it. my experience which is not much only been diagnosed a year, is that the docs most of them don't know about fibro. for me it is a trial and error with medications. I tried accupuncture, chinese herbs, vitamines etc. however now i take zoloft, hydrocodone (for pain) doxepin (for sleep) and just started taking guaifenesin. Guai is what the book "Fibromyalgis: What your doctor may not be telling you". Any way I am glad you finally got your dx. This message board is full of much support and informaiton. love jean ann ((((((((HUGS))))))
  4. nathan

nathan New Member

I'm going to my doc here in a couple of hours.
    He was my psych for 3 yrs. prior to diagnosis of Fibro.
    He prescribes my painkillers and other aids.
    He has been taking me off drugs that help, and replacing them with stuff I don't want. I wish you luck and better than that, success with your Guaf. therapy. I might give it a try. I do take mucho supplements and herbs. I too feel the blues during Dr. visit days. It is hard to get excited about seeing a professional, and all they can do is try. Take care, in +, nathan
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Well, it could be like Jeanann said, now that she has a dx, she feels she can treat you...is she open to you giving her info? Somebody on here posted that her dr said they'd learn together, and the dr was very open to learning more.

Did she give you meds or supp that you've seen on here that are commonly used for fms? Hopefully they'll help till you see your rheumy in November. Maybe do a search messages on what she gave you. But remember, what works for some people might not work for you and vice versa.

Welcome Nathan, best wishes for your dr.'s appt. and let us know how you make out, k? Michele

6. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

My doc gave me the following meds today: Relafen, nexium, elavil, wellbutrin and imodium. I also have Percocet, Soma and Skelaxin that i can take as needed. I'm not holding out much hope on the Relafen, it is the 10th NSAID i have been on in as little as 3 years...they don't seem to work for me. I also added Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc to my drug diet, with the docs approval. Hopefully i get relieve from these drugs...if nothing else some well needed rest!

Barb