Seizures

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HiFive, Nov 6, 2002.

1. HiFive

HiFive New Member

Does anyone have seizures and is it associated with FMS/CFS?
    Hi
  2. HiFive

HiFive New Member

Does anyone have seizures and is it associated with FMS/CFS?
    Hi
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney says our brains are always in a slight state of seizure and that is why we cannot sleep, have anxiety, and have sensory overload.

A real seizure, like grand mal, however, would probably be something else. It needs to be checked out.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie is right, magnesium will help, but if you are having serious seizures, you need to see your doctor.

Before I started the ZMA and the Pro Energy, I would have the craziest feelings in the middle of the night, I could not stay still. I was so restless my arms, legs, and even my head would move on its own accord.

My husband was watching me try to sleep for a couple of hours, and he said that I jumped and turned more than a hundred times! My eye used to jump too, and I would get shooting pains up the back of my neck into my head, it was scary to say the least.

Now I am relaxed, sleep for at least 7-8 hours most nights, and don't get all bent out of shape during the day or under normal stress either.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

There has been research into why neuroleptic meds such as neurotin et al. have helped some of us FMSers. What they recently announced was that some of us, most of us, have, as Mikie stated petit mal seizures intermittantly day in and day out; of course we don't know this unless someone is with us sufficiently to say from time to time..hey, quit day dreaming out the window et al.

Anyway, wherever our petit mal seizure is located or originating from determines what med may work to slow the seizure activity down. Apparently mine is where the med Neurotin draws to; my cognitive memory is somewhat clearer and if I really concentrate I can usually recall whatever it was I was determined to remember; my long term memory, which is, in my case, the memory where I stored things I learned in school etc. is not affected.

If you want to really be amazed at what neurologist have to learn considering memory...take a cruise down web-land under memory types! I was absolutely amazed! CactusLil'
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

from a temporal lobe dysfunction. I take no meds for this and I've thought very little about it over the years, but I avoid certain things. I don't watch TV without a light on, I avoid flashing lights and strobe lights, I wear sunglasses when there is bright sunshine when it snows or if traveling and I go from flashes of sunlight to the cloudy areas. I'm sure a doc would be more than happy to write me a script for a med that would "really help," but I prefer to handle it my way. I did have seizures during my pregnancies...my OB/GYN diagnosed Eclampsia. These are different.
    Love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I would bet I do, some days are worse than others, today is real bad.

Jaci
  8. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder when I was 17, I am now 45 years old, and was put on Dilantin-350mg. I have only had 1 seizure in my lifetime???? but I get periodic EEG and that shows seizure activity. I have not felt right since before being diagnosed but just until recently have the doctors dianosed me with FM/CFS. I am sure the seizures activity is associated with FMS/CFS. I am taking alot of supplements including ZMA and pain meds. as well as a sleep aid-Ambien. I am feeling much better than I was 2 years ago but I have a long way to go.
    Debbie