Select Comfort or Tempurpedic.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karenatk, Mar 2, 2003.

1. karenatk

karenatk New Member

Hi Everyone, I am wanting to purchase a new bed and I was needing your opinions on a Select Comfort or a Tempurpedic bed? I read Select Comfort if good for people with Fibromyalgia but I called Tempurpedic and they told me it is highly recommended for people with Fibromyalgia. I want to make the right decision. Have any of you purchased any of these beds? Please reply to this if you have any information which would help me. I have got to get something to help with my sleep and the pain to make it better. Thanks so much.
  2. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear karenatk,

We tried the Tempurpedic and my husband hated it. We tried to give it away, and no one would even take it.

The problem with their 90 day guarantee, is that it takes more than 90 days for the discomfort to show up.

To be fair, my chiropractor has one and she loves hers.

We wound up buying a Dux bed, since it is made with all natural fibers, and no chemicals. We've had it for five years and love it.

By the way, if you're female, you probably sleep on your side. I tried ten pillows and finally found the perfect pillow, which I take with me when I travel. I LOVE it. It's called the Side Sleeper Pillow, and is made of hypoallergenic down. It is the only pilllow that I have ever found to provide my long neck with enough support that I don't wake up in the morning with neck pain.

Good luck,

Love,

Jolie

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'll bump it up so you can read it.
    Barbara