Self doubt..Bigtime

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NashCag, Aug 9, 2006.

1. NashCag

NashCag New Member

Yesterday I went to my Doctor's, I had some more blood tests done, just to see what would happen. But I'm not anemic, I don't have hypothyroidism, and my cholesterol is great. Those test results didn't surprise me, but I did agree to try an antidepressant. And for the first time,
    in the 8 years I've had cfs, I doubted myself. I thought,
    what if I really am crazy? what if all of this is actually in my head? what would that mean..
    I mean could I have imagined the nausea, the dizziness, vertigo, headaches..well you know..all the dozens of weird and unexplainable symptoms. Could I actually be causing the
    disabling fatigue? Body pain, sore throats ect.
    Why all of a sudden am I filled with all of this doubt?
    Maybe it's how he looks at me, with a look of concern and pity. I think I felt ashamed. But why now?
    Maybe it's because my Mom is terminally ill, and I should be able to snap out of this and be a better caregiver.
    I just don't know.

Talk to me friends, I feel..scared.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

We can't think straight when we are in pain/depressed. Maybe it would be nice if it were all in our heada. Then there might be some cure.

3. NashCag

NashCag New Member

We actually just signed up for hospice. Hospice is nothing like what I thought it was, it is 100 times better. They do anything they can to help the patient, and the caregiver as well. They are the nicest people.
    And actually, I posted a message here "I guess I just need to be heard" and everyone responded with such good advice, some of it about getting help, and it got me really thinking about it.

I always get good advice from everyone here, I think you all help me keep my head on straight. It's so nice to have a place to go where you can let your guard down, and talk about what you're afraid of, and know you won't be judged.

Thanks to All