? send this to Dr. Baker: IF YOU HAD ONE DAY/WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, May 7, 2003.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Below is the original post. At that time "Jamdw1" suggested we send it to Oprah. I am so upset with Dr Baker it would be hard for me to take the higher ground when/if I responded to him. Namecalling would be detrimental but I sure can think of a few.

Well then I remembered Jamdw1's suggestion and wondered if the board would be interested in sending this along. I would take your responses and "package" them for easy reading for the little guy (sorry, I slipped, will not do that in my response to him).

If you are interested, let me know, and lets get more responses going!!!!!

(I will be away until Monday)

//////////////////original post///////////////////////////

Sandy has been so excited about bowling--nice post. But it did remind me last week in physical therapy, when the PT was working on a particularly painful area he asked me. "If you had one day with no physical limitations or pain and you would have no consequences the next day, what would you do?"

If my day was wintertime, I would spend the whole day downhill skiing with my family. Summer, would love to tour Ireland.

What would you do?
    June
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2003]
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

I'm too old to get into a lot of activity.I would like to be in a wooded area where I could just walk and enjoy the trees,flowers,and all of nature.I'd take a picnic lunch and just enjoy the whole day by myself.With no pain,and not too tired to walk,just peace and quiet. bejo
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

to thank all those people around me who've tried to understand my difficulties and are there for me when I need them.

They've tried so hard to keep me involved even though I'm unable to participate most of the time. They get very worried at my apparent isolation. So for just one day I'd like to be able to cope with lots of lively lovely people around me, and repay them for their love and concern.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2003]
  4. Myth

Myth New Member

I would love to go rollerblading with my boyfriend. I have not been raollerblading in years.

Myth
  5. kgg

kgg New Member

Body surf and play in the sand. The ocean is such a special experience.
  6. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I'd cram as many things that I once enjoyed into all 24 hours before it ended.
    1st....Get back on my bike.
    2nd....Treadmill for 1 hour again.
    3rd....Go to the amusement park with my Grandson's.
    4th....Spend the rest of my time in bed with my husband to
    make up for lost time.

Soft teddy hugs to you all!
  7. barbarann

barbarann New Member

If I had one day to live without pain again, I would go dancing with my husband. We used to really cut a rug. He is my high school sweetheart so we danced a lot of years together. He says he doesn't mind not dancing as long as we can still be together. Barbarann
  8. bakron

bakron New Member

I'd be doing everything that I haven't been doing such as:

1st choice: I know that I couldn't pull this off in a day, but . . I'd want to fly to Florida and spend one day playing with and taking care of my two little grandchildren whom I desperately miss and feel as though I'm really an inadequate grandmother with because I can't do what I want with them when I am with them!

2nd choice: Really work in the yard - hard! Get really sweaty and relish in it because it feels so good to work really hard and get sweaty. I miss that.

3rd choice: Go shopping and walk miles in a big city mall and look at everything in all the stores; I'd spend all day!
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yes, just ONE day it tough, we certainly deserve more- a lifetime for that matter, but this is how the PT asked the question. Bumping for more daydreaming ideas! June
  10. KayL

KayL New Member

spend the entire day horseback riding......it hurt me to ride *before* I had FM, I can't imagine what it would do to me now. I haven't ridden in over 20 years and if I had that *one* day, I'd spend it riding.

Karen
  11. gone2pot

gone2pot New Member

I would start the day off with a swim in the ocean, then a walk on the beach followed by some meditation in a beautiful courtyard surrounded by vines and flowers and tame jungle animals. I would have some wonderful fruit to eat and drink fresh juices.
    Then I would sing with a group of people accompanied by an instrumental section. This would be followed by throwing pots on a potters wheel and decorating them. I would then have my family and friends together for dinner. I would follow that by going out dancing. I would stay up late, watch the moon and the stars and then get a good nites sleep curled up next to my sweetheart!! I would have pleasant dreams and a big fat smile on my face!!!!! Yes!
  12. selma

selma New Member

With my family
    I'd giggle, tell jokes and roll around in the grass with beautiful lacy trees against a blue sky with the ocean and all kinds of birds singing in the background. We'd go swimming and build sand castles.
    We'd sing silly songs and make them up.
    There would be beautiful flowers all around as we changed back into clothes from the swim suits.
    There would be many hugs and we would celebrate life.
    We'd talk about what we liked best about each other.
    I'd want to be able to share the fun parts of the day with all of you, so I would have enuf energy to post.
    Iwould like to share a clear stary warm night(no mosquitos)
    Love and huggs, Selma

13. tedebear

tedebear New Member

it sounds like a lot of biofeedback use. Does anyone do biofeedback to combat their pain?
    We are pretty darn good dreamers aren't we?
    Soft teddy hugs.
    P.S.
    Someone bottle all those terrific ideas and send them to me.
  14. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

Play fast pitch softball all damn day!!!!!!!!!!!! The love of my life.
  15. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I would play, play. play,play heaps more with my dog, go boggy boarding, play some sport, have a celebration dinner with my family,be able to enjoy it, I would be radiating with energy, glowing,and chatting to everyone non stop.
    cheers
    mitch
  16. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

if i had 1 day and "everyone" i knew and loved had no physical limitations, AND i wasn't gonna die the next day, it'd be the biggest darn party you ever seen... (dont let the "darn" fool ya... i can get crazy... ) ... :)

if i was the only one who could exempt themself from pain AND "still" no death the next day, then it'd be the "2nd" biggest party you ever seen...

if i was gonna have to die the next day....
    just a long walk, hand in hand, preferrably on the beach, with my "one somebody"... till it was over...

in fact, give me a choice of the three... and it'd be the third one... anytime...

ed

p.s. i cannot make it thru a single post without crying...
    even the "shoot the doctors" one...
    i DO pray for each and every one of you... every day...
    this is by far one of the best and most heartwarming posts i've ever been privileged to come across... you should send "these" to oprah, et al....
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2003]
  17. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi June,
    I would spend it with my family at the beach in summer and in the snow if winter.
    I would walk and walk and walk and maybe even run with my darling granddaughter. Ride bikes with her and take her to the park and climb trees and swing and swim and everything I can't seem to manage anymore. I would take her to Disneyland and ride all the rides with her. It is such a wonderful dream I hope I don't wake up to soon.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  18. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I would help my mom with some physical housework. At 76 and with fibro herself, she has had to help me more than I have been able to help her and that bothers me.

One day for fun??? Go to festivals and ride rides all day :)
  19. Gran9

Gran9 New Member

I'd take my youngest grandchildren to Disney world. I'd love to see it again thru their eyes!
  20. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

i thought this one deserved it... :)