Sending out info email to friends about CFS - HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Britt2, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I already have the CFS video from Sleepydust, and I think that really sums up some things that I was having trouble talking about.....
    But I am about to send out an email to family and friends to help them better understand what I am going through. I am in my 6th month off of work and a lot of my friends are trying to learn more about CFS in order to understand and help support me better. Most have no idea about CFS and how bad it really can be.

Any words of advice? Something I should add that might make them understand better?
    Looking for some help before I send it out, would love some input...... Cheers
    ERika
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

If you do a search on the board for "spoon theory" in title ( top left corner of the page) you'll find threads related not only to the spoon theory explaination of chronic illness but other ideas as well.

Good luck,
    Shar
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

Well it sounds like you are off to a great start and good for you. I don't have CFS I have FMS but the only thing I can say is just be honest with family and friends.

I think it's wonderful that you have these people in your life who want to learn more about your disease and you are very lucky keep them close.

Sorry I am not very much help but I am thinking of you :)

Best wishes,

Karen :)
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Thanks so much for the help! I wanted to make sure I dont 'overload' them...but at the same time, send them enough info that they really get a good idea about CFS...and how we are effected everyday. My friends have been great, I really am lucky...but I also know that they are really in the dark, like I was, about what CFS/ME is really about.

Cheers
    e
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGsHr3x9pVE

It's the first video in a video diary of a woman with severe CFS/ME and her caretaker, posted by her caretaker on youtube.com.

It is very powerful!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  6. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Erika

I did the same thing in May - I wrote a letter to all my friends that explained what I was going through. I'm happy to post it here for you if you like - just let me know.

Take care
    Michelle
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

In search box (above) leave on title and enter:

The Thief of Many Lives

It is one to share and it made me cry the first time I read it. Susan
  8. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

If you feel comfy posting your email here I would love to see it :) I am having the biggest problem really opening myself up ...as strange as it sounds, I have always been the strong one, the one who doesnt show much 'weakness' so therefore I seem to have a problem really letting them into this ugly new world Im in. They all know a bit about CFS but not really all the symptoms I deal with at the same time as well as the fact I can be 'kinda normal' one minute or day.....and a total wreck the next.

Thanks!
  9. Britt2

Britt2 New Member