Sensitive skin hurts to touch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Aug 25, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Does anyone else have very very sensitive skin? I have been having my left arm ache and so hypersensitive It hurts just to hang down or touch my clothing. Now it itches almost like along a nerve.What do you do for it??? The muscles in my arms feel like they have holes in them when I press on them not any firmness(like my husbands or anyones that Ive felt) its so hard to explain kinda like bubble wrap under my skin. Oh the more I write the crazier I sound! Sorry I just am frustrated today and cant concentrate enough to even write a decent topic. Blessings to all
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I never tell anyone this, but there have been so many times, the clothing hurt me so badly that I have spent alot of the time naked in my apartment. The clothing actually hurts on my skin. Doesn't matter what it is. Cotton, anything, just hurts.

I usually don't even realize how much I hurt until someone touches me or I have a medical exam. And the blood pressure cuff almost had me screaming last week. That thing hurt so bad, I almost told the doctor to stop.

Not much really helps. Inflamed nerves. Just kind of waiting it out. Sometimes a shower helps, but not always.
  3. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

No, you don't sound crazy at all!

I have fibro and I totally identify with your sensitive skin issue.

Yes, it hurts and burns and itches terribly sometimes. There is connective tissue called fascia (I believe I spelled that right) under the skin. It seems to be the source of some of these symptoms. At least that's what my physical therapist once told me.

Sometimes there is no good way to describe our pain. I once told my doctor that I felt like I had been beaten with a club! Ha! That was the most accurate way I could describe it.

I think many of us can relate to you.

Wish I could take away your discomfort, but, at least I can say I hear you.

4. jmq

jmq New Member

I get that on both my thighs. Sometimes its just sensitive...other times it feels like its on in the vains....and other times it gets numb. I also have fibro...