sensitive to electronics, computer, video games, telephone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terrilynnb, Feb 15, 2007.

1. terrilynnb

terrilynnb New Member

This sounds crazy but while I am glad to have found this connection with others going through the same thing, I always feel so much worse after spending time on the computer or especially talking on the phone. shopping is the worst-I always get so sick after just a few minutes in a store and I think it is the elctric stimulation. Anyone else have this issue?
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

You may have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities).
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I don't have problems on the phone, but everything else you mention is quite familiar to me!

If you check out my profile (just click on my username on the left), you'll see what I mean. There's also some good information on the post "mezombie(BPPV)".

By the way, I see you're relatively new to the Board. Welcome!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2007]
  4. desertlass

desertlass New Member

For me, the store is the flourescent lighting-- or anywhere that has that lighting. I just can't deal with it. Plus the other sensory overload from a store doesn't help-- noise, all the long aisles, colors, temperature changes, interactions with other customers. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in a big city or had to work under those lights. I think I also have mcs, as referred to the above post.

I don't know about the other issues-- I HATE the phone. Can't bear it. I don't seem to be bothered by the computer, but I can't deal with TV.

Hmm. All of us should be paid to be studied. We are quite an interesting group of people, for sure.

But, crazy, we're not.
    Lisette
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am sooo glad you posted your list. People think I am faking it when I get sick over fumes (perfume, exhaust, etc). People I work with (and my family) all think I am just a complainer or the B word. My Dad would spray fantastic and I would start choking, gasping and coughing and he would get mad at me! My Mom would get mad at me when I could not be around her (with perfume on). I cannot go into or even near that popular bath/body place at the malls and potpuri (sp) and sented candles do me in. One woman snipped at me ... how do you clean your house? lol Well ... I have to be very careful what I use and never use sprays. I sure miss being able to spray cologne and paint my nails. I did not choose this sensitivity ... it chose me.
  6. momof471

momof471 New Member

The thing I hate the most is my sensitivity to noise! I have four kids and a husband and I'm always shhing them. My hubby and I got into a total argument about it one time! I told him I don't know how to explain it but it 'hurts' me! Then I tense up and start hurting and get a head ache, its crazy! I'm sensitive to light also, my eyes actually hurt, don't know how to describe it. Hate shopping, the noises, the lights, the smells, the mall is the worst, I feel like I get a tunnel vision thing going in there and am scared I'll pass out. Thank goodness for online shopping!
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I don't know for sure, but magnesium may help to block some of these effects.
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Photosensitve Epilepsy! I swear that's it!

I always thought what those kids in Japan went trough after watching that Pokemon TV program was similar to my problem.

I've presented these symptoms to at least a dozen doctors, and not one hit on this. You deserve an honorary M.D.!

I've been researching this on the net, and will print out some medical articles to bring to my neurologist when I see him in two weeks.

Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[This Message was Edited on 02/16/2007]
  9. blkkat

blkkat New Member

wow im not as cazy as i thought, movement of any kind also makes me so sick. yes cell phones are the worst makes my face hot and i feel like i got the flu real fast!! yes i couldnt go on a reg computer it made me feel sick, my husband got me my val. gift 2 weeks early ,a lap top, and w/ the flat screen and adj. lite,i hasnt made me sick so far. yes every time i get out of the car i get shocked so bad, im afraid to pump gas, i may start a fire. in my older house we lived in a few years back ,every time id turn a light on id blow it out. yes i think they should study us more .plus have you noticed theres getting to be more and more of us out there- WHY???? GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  10. Keleia

Keleia New Member

My dr. said that's common for people to have happen. Just be sure to put one hand on the open door BEFORE you step out. Should work just fine. Call me...

Keleia