Sensitive topic. Sexual side effects of Neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi, sorry, I hope people are not offended by this.

I've tried doing some research, but cant find much to help me.

I'm concerned about the sexual side effects of taking Neurontin. I've been on it about 7 or 8 weeks, and in that time my libido (which had already dropped) has decreased to almost nothing, along with loss of physical sensations.

Have other people, espcially women noticed this? What did you do about it?

Many thanks
    Michelle
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

and besides we do not have to ansewer if it bothers anyone.yes that can happen .When I took that and ask my doctor about the drop he just looked at me .So I ended up comeing off of that .I also had other problems with that drug.

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

My daughter's in the process of weaning off this medication completely in 10 days.

She was taking it 3x a day and was told to immediately stop the 3rd dose. Then 5 days later stop another dose, then 5 days later stop completely.

Is this enough time?

Thanks,

Nancy B.
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i've noticed that so many of the meds i've taken have effeted my libido in a negative way. the best thing i can suggest is to try to restart yourself. plan a romantic evening, music, candles, dinner. the planning and set up seem to help in getting me going again. it's kind of sad that we need to work at this, but it's an important area and we shouldn't neglect it.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel
  5. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thanks for your responses everyone.

It really is so hard trying to maintain some level of intimacy when you feel so sick all the time and then the side effects of all these pills.

Take care
    Michelle

6. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

With the meds I take, having a hysterectomy, depression, etc. you would think my libido would have died. Quite the contrary.

I am on Neurontin 300mg at night, zoloft 100mg in the am, plus assorted other stuff. No problem in that area.
  7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi, Lamictal worked better than Neurontin for me with no side effects that I can see.

Gretchen
  8. ktjo

ktjo New Member

Hi..

Someone asked about the best way to eliminate Neurontin from their 'drug diet'....

I was taking 6000mg a day when I decided that was enough,
    so took myself off it 500 mg at a time. For 3 days each.
    ie 5500 for 3 days, 5000 for 3, 4500 for 3 and so on.

No ill effects. Hope that helps,

K