Sensitivy to smells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sherry, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Since I got fibromyalgia everything smells so strong to me. Anybody else?
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I totally understand what you are saying. My senses are all on overload. Smells are so horrible that even while congested I can smell stuff. I hate it. Taste can either be good or horrid. Hearing noises drives me batty, and no one else hears it as bad as I do. Uugh! This DD sure has played havoc with everything it seems.

Janine
  3. coyote

coyote New Member

Yes, Shery, I have this too. This aftenoon , I was teaching in a first grade class. I could smell something that was making me nauseous. It turned out to be hair styling stuff on a little boy's hair. I had to move to the other side of the room!
    I am also Very sensitive to sounds also.[This Message was Edited on 01/16/2003]
  4. oregoncoyote

oregoncoyote New Member

Wow-I'm sure glad to find out that I'm not the only one. My husband is worse than I am. He has Post Polio Syndrome and smells get to him so bad sometimes that he has an attack similar to an asthma attack. He can barely breathe. I have a terrible time when I have houseguests because they just do not understand that just a little hairspray can make both of us sick, let alone perfume or some of the really strong shampoos or conditioners. It's a pain. I have switched to fragrance free soap, detergent, etc. and now that we have very few smells in our home, we are really sensitive to them. Glad to know we are not alone. oregonecoyot
  5. seaview

seaview New Member

it drives my kids crazy because I am either saying...do you smell something funny? or I am saying....ok now ,lets quiet it down a bit! I never used to be bugged by noise at all....smells have always been a problem! So, Know you are not alone with your symptoms......Blessings...Kathleen
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Drive me crazy! I smell things no one else can. Plus loud noises and bright lights will make me sick.

It is a part of Fibro, so you are not alone with this one.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

I drive my husband and kids insane! I can smell everything and often, what my husband tells me isn't even there :(

~A
  8. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Wow! I thought it was just me and didn't even consider it to be part of this DD. Course, I'm pretty new to this so I suppose there is a lot I have to learn. When I had my sleep study done, I was awakened by the techs dinner :( I thought I was going to lose it for sure. And, I'm always smelling something, no one else can smell. This sure explaines it better. And, I thought I was just imagining things.
  9. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I always seem to smell something in my own house although my husband tells me he smells nothing. He plays the TV to loud for me, I leave the room. I hate bright lights. I even wear sunglasses on cloudy days. Least bit of glare kills me.
    HURTSALOT2