sensory processing disorder on the radio

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ephemera, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ephemera

ephemera New Member

My local radio public radio (Voices in the Family) had a discussion program 7/7/08 on sensory processing disorder for children. I phoned in with a question & was on hold for a long time. As the program was ending my question about my sensory overload as developed from FM CFS MCS, etc was heavily edited into a short question.

Still, I was thrilled that any local program would address the topic, even briefly. The program will rerun & an archive is available for listening later.

if anyone is interested

best thoughts to all
  2. mommyofgem

mommyofgem New Member

I'm amazed to hear that phrase from someone else!! My daughter (age 3) was diagnosed with SPD 4 months ago and has been undergoing occupational therapy. I've just as recently been diagnosed with FM and from what I have been reading so far the two are very similar... I just pray she's not heading for a life of pain! Just wanted to say hello and thanks for posting!
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

I cannot help but wonder...

Is SPD and autism the same?

Does FM start out as SPD, even as a young child?

Interesting subject...thanks!

4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I don't really know much about autism or SPD, I really do know much about my sensory overload. I know more than I want to, that's for sure!

I don't know where SPD, autism, FM, etc. sit in relation to one another in the continum. Mommy, I feel for you & your child.

I brought up the subject & I'm glad the posting has sparked more awareness & discussion.

best thoughts to both of you