*SEPT1- GAS PRICE REBEL DAY!* A MUST READ!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Aug 30, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Gas Prices

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
    DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME
    TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
    OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
    COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR
    BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE
    DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
    PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING
    TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT
    THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT
    THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
    COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
    EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
    MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
    WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
    KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE
    CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2005]
  2. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

It's getting crazy.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Maybe we should go back to a horse and carriage. What do you all think?

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

lets do our part!
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

The English will get a hoot out of this when they find out we are protesting gas prices of $3.00 for high octane!
  6. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Just as the truckers will fill up when their tanks are empty, so will everyone else. If no ones buys gas on Sept. 1, then more people will be buying gas each day over the next week or so. By the end of September, just as much gas will have been sold for the month. The gas companies don’t really care when they get your money, as long as they get it.
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I am in. I hope we can do something. Our gasoline went from $2.42, to $2.97 in 24 hour period. I am in Oklahoma. This is gotten way out of hand. I feel a depression coming on. Now with the hurricane mess, economy isn't going to get any better. Bush cares more about his oil friends than the little people. I saw this coming as soon as he got elected. But this one is in Gods hands, so we all must pray. God bless, Julie
  8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

have gone up to above $1 per LITRE! you need about 4 of those to make a gallon. The signs posting gas prices don't even come with the extra spot to add the extra digit! I know some places in Canada it is $1.13plus/L. ITs disgusting and it isn't going to stop till we TRY and do something. I'm not into politics so I don't know what , but we will not be filling in gas on Sept 1. Thats all I know to do.
    Raz
  9. sofy

sofy New Member

Sure the oil and gas people are partly to blame for high gas but if your looking for the real culprit look in the mirror. The problem is the American people and a lack of leadership.

We have been seeking bigger gas users and avoiding gas saving life styles for years. We dont want to use public transportation and all want hugh suv when we just use them to go to the supermarket and cart the kids to school. Their is a good reason much of the rest of the world sees us as piggy americans.

I think hi gas prices will be good for America in the long run. It might help us put things in perspective and make the auto companies stop wasting time making bigger and uglier cars, like the Hummer. Sure its going to hurt for a bit but in the long run if we can stop using so much gas for no good reason we wont be so dependent on other oil producing nations.

Every time you get in your car ask yourself if I can wait and make a combined gas saving trip tomorrow or better yet ride your bike or use your feet.

Serom over, you can all pick up your rock and throw them now. I must warn you I do have a tough skin or I wouldnt have had the nerve to write such an absurd idea as conserve, conserve, conserve!!!!!
  10. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

as well live on a farm 10 miles away from "civilazation". We don't have public transportation, our kids take a school bus to school. Our kids are not involved in tons of stuff because we can't afford to drive to town all the time. No SUV in our garage, just a regular car and a half ton truck. The car is parked more days than it isn't. We don't go on trips, so I can't say there is any gas wasters at this house.
    Oh, and this isn't just an american problem, its a Canadian one too. Raising gas prices is one thing, the government taxing it to death is another.

Raz
  11. sofy

sofy New Member

Your kids probably get more out of being with their family than doing all those "things" anyway.

Its a shame more americans dont live and follow your example. You should go to my supermarket parking lot and see all the hugh gas guzzeling vehicles. Everytime I see one of those hummers driving around town I want to scream at them but thank goodness I dont have the energy to waste on such self centered unamerican piggies.

Can you imagine the damage they would cause if they had an accident with another car.

Someone push my off button to shut me up, please!
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

that is what my son thought he heard on the news...

we will have no choice but not to buy gas in the southeast then...

this should really paralyze everything!
  13. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

This idea has been floating around for ever! It is listed on quite a few "hoax" websites. It would take more than a day for anything to change, and unfortunately in this day and age.....we have to drive. Especially in smaller towns with no public transportation. I will have no choice but to pay what ever it is I will have to pay to get things done.

Misty
  14. scarflady

scarflady New Member

There is a lot of information on a site called Coal to Fuel. The Governor of Montana was interviewed on the radio and he talked about the Germans using a special process of turning coal into fuel so the technology has been available since the 40's. He is starting a mining program in Montana to use their coal for oil and then the oil will be converted to gas.....Makes you wonder why we are so dependent on the middle east when we have the knowledge and tremendous resources here in this country.

Scarflady
  15. CathyW

CathyW New Member

Here in Ontario Canada gas rose today to $1.19 per litre which works out to $5.35 a gallon!! Crazy!!
  16. victoria

victoria New Member

Apparently what my son had heard was an internet rumor that since the pipelines didn't have power, there would be no gas deliveries... told him there was no way, we'd be in a depression for sure if that happened!

I GUESS that is why the gas stations were stacked 20 cars deep this afternoon in my area? Or was it worries that gas was going to go even higher? Wall Street sure didn't seem to be worried of course...

It is unreal, I went to the store tonight, noticed the prices jumped by at least 75 cents, up to $3.57/gal... in Atlanta some stations were charging $5/gal! I sure hope they get reported, the feds have set up a telephone line to report gouging!

V
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2005]
  17. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Our own petroleum supply isn’t the only thing Hurricane Katrina has disrupted. Much of the foreign oil brought into this country comes through the Port of South Louisiana, so we won’t be getting those deliveries for a while either. A lot of the food exported from this country goes our through the Port of S LA. This could be a problem for countries which import a lot of their food from the U.S. The Port of S LA is the largest in this country and the 5th largest in the world.
  18. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

How would you like to live and drive in the UK where the prices are around the $7.00 a gallon mark?

(and wages are generally lower)

DLL