September 11 th . Fly or Wear The American Flag lets not forget .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Sep 5, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Lets always remember all who lost there lives on September 11 th. by wearing or flying The AMERICAN Flag.

Hugs Sue
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Five years later and I CANNOT forget...

I knew a fireman who lost his life that day...He never got to meet his only son...He was born a few months later...

I am from NY and although I live elsewhere, it felt personal to me...Very Personal!

We have flown the flag since and every year we place two pillar candles at the mailbox on our road and light them when it gets dark...Horns blow all nite letting me know they saw them...The candles of course represent the towers.It has been windy and even rained but those candles burned through the night...It's like someone was keeping them from going out (I wonder who)

I can still feel myself walking in the towers, going up the elevators, etc...I haven't been back yet due to my health but someday I will go back...

That day took some years off my life as it did many others.

Remember them each and every day...Like our military, they gave the ultimate, their lives...We need to remember...ALWAYS!

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I too always have my flag flying proudly. God bless America and all our military and their families!!

4. kjfms

kjfms Member

should be flying every day not just holidays and anniversaries of tragedies IMHO.

<font color="red">GOD BLESS THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA<font color="red">

Thanks,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I remember standing in my living room that morning as we got ready for the day. My sister called and said, turn on the tv. I just stood there motionless, dumbfounded and then the tears came. God Bless all those who lost their lives that day and bless those who came to help rescue. Firefighters, police and everyday people. Thanks for posting the reminder. Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  6. mary124

mary124 New Member

Thanks for the reminder!! How can we ever forget??
  7. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I have a bracelet that I wear every Sept. 11th. It has the name of a passenger engraved on it that was on AA flight 11. It's a "Mercy Bracelet". I ordered it from the Billy Graham Association not long after 9/11. It came with a note all about the person whose name is on the bracelet. It's to remind the wearer to pray for the family, and our country.

We also fly our flag, and I put a small one on my desk.

I think they should replay the video of the towers more often. We don't need to ever forgot how horrible that day was.

Kinsie
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

We will never forget.We also fly our flag every day.

Good Bless America

Sue
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT!!!! I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY ABOUT OUR FLAG. I LOST A DEAR FRIEND IN IRAQ ON 8-13-03. WE FLY A FLAG 365 DAYS OUT OF THE YEAR AT OUR HOUSE!!!!!

KRIKET
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

see others here are flying our country's flag every day.

Kriket sorry about your friend.

LIL's (Live in Love's) father was a Master Sergent in WWII.

I had an uncle who died in WWII. I lost one of my favorite cousins in Vietnam.

My neighbor's son is on his third tour in Iraq.

I was doing my clinical rotations on 9/11 while in school and I was at a physician's office that day.

I will never forget we listened to it on the radio and could not figure out what happened until later on that day.

Then on the drive home how odd it was with no jets or anything in the sky even the roads were a little more emptier than normal. It was almost like I was all alone that day.

I had to drive 70 mile one way to school so it was a long trip before I got to watch everything on reruns on the news. I cried most of the way home.

It breaks my heart every day and I guess it always will.

Thanks for letting me share,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2006]
  11. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

starting this thread.......I was thinking of doing the same thing but was not feeling well.

Granny
  12. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

God Bless America- and bless all that lost their lives on that terrible, tragic day!! Bless their loved ones and bless all the guys and gals defending freedom across the globe.

Amen
    Janet
  13. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Well that is a date that I will never forget anyways. When the twin towers went down it was my sons 16th birthday. I had to pick him up from school that day cause he wasn't feeling good and we listened to the reports all the way home from school and then on the tv. To us it was unbelieveable. Especially to me. For us we will have his 21st birthday on that day with cake but I don't think anyone will forget what happened that day when he turned 16.......SueF
  14. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...for bringing up a good point. It was a tragic day for all of mankind, whether in the U.S. or elsewhere. Nobody should have to lose loved ones in this brutal way, and unfortunately, it happens every day in our world.

I hope this Sept. 11 something positive, however small, happens in all of our lives as we remember the events of 5 years ago.

Hugs,
    Pam
  15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

We wer4e at the coffee shop (as usual) and in the non-smoking r,oom. The waitress came in to tell us that a plane had hit the Tiwn Towers. We thought it to be an accident. Then she came back in to tell us the second one had hit.
    We went home and hubby had to go to work half day at the library. i kept calling him and telling him the latest. he said that no one came in-----all home!! i also kept calling my daughter in MI.

That night we went to church for a short prayer service.

The next day we left from Indiana for Myrtle Beach SC.k We had the radio on all the time in the car and while there, watche4d TV most of the time.

Of course, the T-shirt places all had the 9/11 emblems available to have on shirts. I bought white and hubby bought red.

I wear mine once in a while and tomorrow, we will both wear oursi to "coffee".

It is a day I will NEVER forget-----it is in my memory just as Dec. 7 is - i was 11 yrs, old and I can picture sittinng by the radio and hearing it.

Tomorrow is just the same----a picture in all of our minds that can never be erased.

Our daughter and family went to N.Y. City last summer. She said it is a sight that you never will forget. Several of our friends have said the same thing.' W

We have no BIG flag anymore as it is too hard to hang but i do have 2 smaller ones that i also put out on the 4th of July.

Lets all say a prayer for those that were lost on that awful day. we all shed tears that day and many wilol shed tears again withu the memories.
  16. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Also for the family's they left behind.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Sue