September/Monthly Welcome Thread...Any interest in the idea??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Since I just posted my monthly Birthday Thread I had an idea to also post a monthly "Welcome Thread". What do you think of the idea?

This way we can welcome all the people who have started posting that month in one place.

I know we all want to welcome all new members but most of us don't have the energy to answer every post individually.

I'd volunteer to post it monthly at the same time I post the Birthday threads so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't forget, lol.

Do you like the idea???

Hopefully it will make all the "newbies" feel welcome and also they could meet others who are new here too and connect that way.

Welcome all newbies!!!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B.
  2. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

Glad you've joined us. This forum is a warm, friendly place where you can get info & support.

I've been here since the end of June. :)

--wordbyrd
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I think it's a good idea. I often feel badly because it seems that some of the new people get left out. Let's see what the others think.

Kathy
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'll try to keep this bumped up a bit on this long holiday weekend for others to see.

Thanks,

Nancy B.
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I know I've left new folks out unintentionally, especially on days when there are a lot of new posts from them.

Thanks for thinking of this!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. Linda212

Linda212 New Member

Nancy ~~

I like this idea because I AM a newbie! ;-) I've posted once...earlier this week, but nothing substantial. Your idea is great! Thanks!

Linda
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And yes Xchoc, I was thinking we could all add our greetings and the newbies could let us know they're new...very similar to the birthday thread I do each month.

That way we wouldn't have to feel horrible each time we see a newbie post but don't have the energy to reply.

And Linda, welcome to the board. I hope you find friends, support, solutions, information and laughter on this board like I do each time I come here. (I may have to steal that line though, I kinda like it)

Hugs all,

Nancy B.
  8. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

good idea for the first month i was here no one even welcomed me. I was welcomed after spending some time in chat though. but others may be more sensative and they should be comforted and insured that this is a safe and secure place and that no one will intentionally disrespect or judge them here.

Angell
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good idea, Nancy.

And very nice of you to offer to do it.
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'll bump this one more time since the long holiday weekend is over now.

Hope others see this and post.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Bumpity bump...

Nancy