Serequel for Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Mar 27, 2006.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

My Dr. put me on Serequel 50mg for sleep. I took it and it was the first time I have slept all night in a long time. One Dr. put me on Serequel years ago for sleep but a much higher dose. I hated it.

I am hoping I can stay at 50mg. Anyone have any side effects????
  2. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

I also take serequel for sleep, i take 500mg. I still have trouble with sleeping. It seems i can fall asleep,but can't stay asleep. i average about 3hrs sleep anight. My doc does not know what to do. she has tried every thing. i am so happy for you that it is working. hugs
    becca
  3. catsmeow369mi

catsmeow369mi New Member

I have been taking serequel for over a year. Most of the time it works, but I do have the occasional time it doesn't. I take 100 & it is not working as well as it used to. Might have to ask doc to up it. It is wonderful to be able to sleep at night.

Love to u
    Val
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

i take 300 mg serequel at night and it seems to help. i am taking also for bi-polar depression to kind of even out my moods. i was taking 600 mg, but when i went in for detox they took me down to 150. my shrink had a fit and said i had to take at least 300, and she may take me back up to 600. i do sleep better, but i had trouble with RLS until i started taking requip.
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Serequel for sleep. Does it cause weight gain? What kind of side effects come with it?