serious brain fog or something else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have had the worse time these last few days with what i think is brain fog. Not sure it just hasn't been this bad before. I feel so out of sorts. Like awake but not awake. I am having trouble being able to talk and put my words togther. I am having trouble driving. Pain is very bad. I think I have a torn rotator cuff too. Anyone have serious brain fog before where you felt very out of sorts like this?
  2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

For me it's like a huge disconnect, like I'm watching a very bad movie that I'm not really even interested in. It's a scary place to be.

I can't find words, and it's too difficult to listen to someone talking to me, let alone try to string together a sentence in reply.

It's terrifying on an intellectual level, but only in an abstract way because at the time I don't care enough to be terrified.
  3. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I was having such a bad time with my memory so I had the neurophyso (spell) test done. It seems the pain was causing my brain to malfunction in areas. The test results were shocking to me however, it did explains what was happening to me. I also had a torn rotator cuff in fact two and I had to have two operations. Better now. Sometimes pain wears you down and it can impact your mind. I would sugest if you have not had the test to see if you can get one done. I have had two four years apart and there was a big difference in just four years. I went down hill. You can talk to you Dr. about it. Bobby
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2008]
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

You know that makes sense that the pain would be affecting my neuro. balance. Pain has been very bad. Back on inflam. meds. but it has only been 3 days. Waiting on them to get back in my system.

Let me know about who I need to see about the test.Thanks for the suggestion.

Sheila
  5. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

A phycologist or phycritrist does this testing however, there are specific ones that do this testing. Talk to you primary DR about having this done.
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Testing can document cognitive deficts in processing, short term memory, concentration etc...

But the question is what do you do then?

I have had this testing done twice by a psychologist called Frank Leavitt who works with Dr Robert Katz, a rheumatologist in Chicago who treats a lot of fibro patients.

Testing found all the ususal problems. Katz tried all the usual stimulants/ADD drugs, and they didn't help one iota.

The only thing that has helped me is fixing methylation cycle defects per Rich Van Konynenburg and Amy Yasko. All teh drugs are just band-aids IMO.

You gotta figure out what's going wrong and fix it.

By the way, Rich posted a study in a post on this website showing that fibro patients are losing grey matter in their brains at 3 times the rate of healthy people. Excitotoxicity seems to be the culprit.

A lot of the alternative folks in the autism field think that excitotoxicity is linked with oxidative stress and methylation cycle defects.

I'm sure all of this sounds like goobledegook.. but if you want to learn more, I suggest you read Rich's papers. Check out his bio.

Good luck!

7. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Also excitotoxicity can be caused by diet - too much MSG, aspartame, etc leads to over excited neurons which the die an early death.

Read "Excitotoxins, the taste that kills" by Dr. Russell Blaylock.

Marti