SERIOUS PAIN DUE TO FOOD ALLERGIES?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gisse29, May 23, 2006.

1. gisse29

gisse29 New Member

I was wondering if any of you have food allergies that cause you to have serious pain/ flare up everytime you eat. I've posted a couple of times here lately because my health is going down hill and I don't know what the reason behind it is. I think I'm having serious food allergies or maybe chemical sensitivity but it's so bad I can't eat anything because I get so sick afterwards my whole body is in serious pain and I get dizzy. Is that normal for me to feel so sick after eating anything? I also get a sore and scratchy throat. I don't know what to do anymore it's driving crazy and making very depressed. I would love to know if anyboday out there has ever felt this way too. I've had Fibro for 5 years and normally have been able to deal with the pain but now I can't take the pain I get after eating. I'm sore all day long.
  2. turquoise

turquoise Member

In all likelihood you do have one or both conditions. Try to eat organically, and take the nightshades out of your diet COMPLETLEY first- potato, tomato, peppers, eggplant and tobacco. Those are notorious. It can take some people up to 6 months to see a significant change with that food family. Why, I don't know. Just a place to start. Am sure it probably isn't the whole picture.
  3. gisse29

gisse29 New Member

4. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

can develop at any time in your life. You may also have a problem with gluten, many ppl w/ FMS do. The only way to find out is to ge tested.

Yes! Food can make you sick- read my bio- it almost killed me! My neighbor's daughter even has a problem with black pepper, chicken, fructose, you name it.

It causes an auto-immune reaction in me that makes me feel weak, sore,and irritable.

Best of luck!
  5. bengough

bengough New Member

If I eat foods with MSG added or naturally high levels of glutamic acid, I'm in terrible pain within 15 minutes or so. Mushrooms, peas and very ripe tomatoes are examples of natural sources.
  6. ulala

ulala New Member

up at the top of the page. Put matn in the search box and in the By box click on username. She has posted many things that you would be very interested in reading.

A lot of foods also make me sick and very tired.

You're in the right place to learn a lot of things!
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I absolutely do think eating foods I am allergic to make me sick, including fibro flares. Problem is I crave the foods I am the most allergic to, like ice cream.

I am seeing a very good allergist and will soon have testing, so perhaps I will stop eating the wrong foods soon.

You can read on the internet about reactions to food allergies. The reactions can be anything. Many people die from even inhaling dust from a peanut.

8. ulala

ulala New Member

I could live on Garden of Eatin" corn chips! I keep trying to give them up but have not been able to do so yet!!!

Never surrender!!